SEO Ranger - H1 errors

3 0 0

I just added the app SEO Ranger to my site. I've got 338 errors and they are mostly for missing H1. I thought the H1 was the product title, so how is it missing? I've watched many videos in the past 24 hours, but I still don't understand the H1 problem. I'm using Supply theme, but am considering trying another one. Any thoughts? Thanks! Laura

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
519 26 57

Hi, @DoubleBMonogram !

Katy here from Shopify! Thanks for reaching out to our Community here.

That is a little strange that errors indicating a missing <h1> tag are being flagged for you.

Usually each page on your Shopify store will include a <h1> tag. On the home page, this is usually the logo, though on subsequent areas: products, collections, blogs, and pages this will be the title of the page. This is specified in the relevant template within your theme, and pulls from the information that you have entered when creating your products, pages etc.

As it is not possible, within the admin, to create/ save a page without entering a title, I am curious as to why this is showing as blank for you. Have you adjusted or edited your theme's code in any way that you are aware of?

I'd love to take a closer look at the error examples. Do feel free to share them here if you can. If we need to dig further into this thereafter I can then drop you an email.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you, Katy! I must say I'm impressed with the folks at SEO Ranger! I contacted them because I had no idea how to fix the H1 problems, and within 12 hours, they fixed it all for me. They have great customer service that went above and beyond. Still don't know what the problem was with the H1, but I'm hoping it will result in better SEO for Google shoppers. Thanks, Laura

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
519 26 57

Hi, @DoubleBMonogram !

Thanks so much for getting back to me. While it is a little tricky to determine the cause without looking at examples, I am so glad to hear that this has been fixed up for you.

It is also always wonderful to hear of such positive experiences with app partner support services. If you have the time, I'm sure they would appreciate your feedback - positive or constructive, in the Shopify app store.

Thanks again for your reply.

All the best,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes