STOCKY - sales vs purchase orders

Solved
greiseve
Explorer
50 1 24
Hi there,

I can't find an answer in Stocky's documentation on this topic, but what is the difference between a Sales Order and a Purchase Order in Stocky?

I’m asking this as I see in the PO draft view the following information:

• Stock - the current stock level for each variant
  • On Order - quantity already ordered for this location (on confirmed POs and excluding archived)
  • Unfulfilled - quantity no unfulfilled sales orders
  • Qty (units) - quantity of each variant added to this purchase order 

Thanks,
Evert
0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @greiseve.

Hank here from Shopify. Really great question!

I queried this with the app developers to get the answer and clear this statement up for you.

In summary, a Sales order is a document used for the confirmation of sale and the purchase order is a document used for ordering.

Now I know that in itself can be confusing, but I found a great guide about the key differences here.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this. All the best, -Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

greiseve
Explorer
50 1 24

@Hank thanks for the link... it makes it very clear... perhaps a suggestion to include it in the Stocky FAQ/Handbook section as the terminology is used in the app.

have a great weekend,

Evert

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

You are very welcome @greiseve!

That is a great recommendation, and one I will pass on to the Developers to see if this could be a future addition to the FAQ section.

I am delighted I was able to answer your query, I wish you the very best with your store! -Hank

0 Likes
greiseve
Explorer
50 1 24

Hank do you know if there are any plans to allow to open the Transfer API to developers? this would be a great addition to the app universe and Stocky. for example right now I can't even export all Transfers into a single CVS or Excel file. this would really enable us to manage inventory in a more meaningful way. 

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 168

I’m not aware of the API being opened, but I’ve passed this request on to our developers for you. This could allow them to look into this feature perhaps becoming a part of the app in the future thanks to your suggestion!

0 Likes