Same SKU listed separately for inventory control

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hello, 

I am making a store that essentially will have 6-10 products BUT each product is slightly unique, and customers will be allowed to pick the exact individual product they will get.

Our inventory system gets the order through shopify and the SKUs are then picked and dispatched.

In the inventory system, we do not want thousands of SKUs for the same style of product, rather we would like the same SKU for the style to come in from shopify with some form of reference appended in the notes for example.

For example: we have 200 Backpacks in the warehouse (sku: A123) each one has slight variation (eg: B0001), we take a picture of each. I need to upload these 200 products to shopify, same SKU, showing as individual products in the site with its own image. On top of that we need to have a reference/variant/note so when it comes through as an order to the warehouse it ideally has a SKU, a picture and the reference number listed so we can go straight to the item to pick. 

Any idea on how that can be done would be awesome. It must have come up before as most places that have inventory systems and warehouses for one of a kind products surely don't just keep making unique SKUs for each to bloat their inventory system? Maybe I'm wrong :)

Thanks for your help

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
48 2 6
Hello nbamvp,
Are these variations that you stock and buy that way or is it a customization that you do at order dispatch time?
Chad Richardson
Mozzo Software - Modular Software that grows with you from solopreneur to a 200 person mega team. Why keep outgrowing your Shopify Apps? Start with us, and just use the modules you need, then add more as you grow. http://MozzoERP.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Hello thank you for your reply!

They are variations of stock that we buy so the style of each item is the same ... but the fabric has slight variation so we want a customer to be able to pick the exact item they will receive. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
48 2 6

Ok, I think I understand, but if you'd be up for a short call to discuss, we can talk details and see for sure. If so, fill out the form at the bottom of our website and put a link to this shopify thread in the comments, then we'll have your email and I can reach out to you to schedule a time. This way we don't have to share email addresses here and have the spam bots scrape them :)

Sincerely,

Chad Richardson

Mozzo Software

Chad Richardson
Mozzo Software - Modular Software that grows with you from solopreneur to a 200 person mega team. Why keep outgrowing your Shopify Apps? Start with us, and just use the modules you need, then add more as you grow. http://MozzoERP.com
0 Likes