Scheduling Collection Changes

mcunningham
9 0 0

Hi,

Is there a way that I can schedule when products move into a collection? At previous companies, we had staging sites where we could merchandise the categories/collections on the staging site and it would go live with that night's deploy. Is there a way I can do this in Shopify? We have a specific collection page that we want to use for the holidays, but only want to feature one type of product at a time and have them change out at midnight every night. How do I do this without having to get up a midnight every night? Also, the products are already live on the site, so I can't schedule the products to go live.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Gavinator
Shopify Partner
1253 6 98

Hi,

We have an App that let's you schedule when products should be added to or removed from a collection: https://apps.shopify.com/shopify-assistant

To set it up, create a new 'Add to Collection' task and choose the collection and products, then set the time you want it to run. 

image.png

Thanks, Gavin.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes
mcunningham
9 0 0

Hi Gavin,

Thanks so much for your recommendation - I will look into this! Would we be able to schedule for a product to change the product type as well?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Gavinator
Shopify Partner
1253 6 98

Would we be able to schedule for a product to change the product type as well?

Yes, this is also supported in the App.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes
mcunningham
9 0 0

Hi Gavin,

I know that this app is going away soon - do you have a recommendation on another app I could use?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Gavinator
Shopify Partner
1253 6 98

Shopify now supports 'Future Publishing': https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/productivity-tools/future-publishing

So I think using product tags you could come up with a solution by creating a smart collection (pulls products based on the tag) and then set the publish date.

HTH, Gavin.

www.bookthatapp.com
0 Likes
heavens2
Tourist
9 0 1
Future publishing works great! But is there a way to have products end automatically without having to manually deactivate them? For example, we sell cross stitch charts and often retire a few at set times during the year. How do we set up a product to no longer show as available on a particular date/time?
0 Likes
alexdaro
Excursionist
25 1 6

@heavens2 so far I haven't found a way to automatically deactivate a product. Seems like a pretty straightforward feature to build.

I've been tooling around with a new app that would help schedule (activate/deactivate) products. I think it would fit nicely alongside Theme Scheduler Pro, an app I built for scheduling theme updates (great for promotions). 

Alex Daro | Founder/Developer @ newclick.io
Looking to Schedule Your Shopify Theme?
Check out Theme Scheduler Pro

Looking to Schedule Your Shopify Products?
Check out Product Scheduler Pro
0 Likes
sheenav
3 0 0

Did anyone find a new solution for this? I need a collection to go live weekly at a certain time and end at a certain time for weekly ordering. 

0 Likes
alexdaro
Excursionist
25 1 6

Hi sheenav, wanted to reply here and show you an app that might be able to help. I recently launched Product Scheduler Pro which allows you to schedule product pricing, tags, and availability. Although, I don't think it will help you schedule weekly collections as you describe but happy to look into adding that functionality for you!

If that's something you'd be interested in can you email me (alex@newclick.io) so that we can discuss it further? 

Cheers, 

Alex Daro | Founder/Developer @ newclick.io
Looking to Schedule Your Shopify Theme?
Check out Theme Scheduler Pro

Looking to Schedule Your Shopify Products?
Check out Product Scheduler Pro
0 Likes