Search app Sub-Second Search no longer supported

Highlighted
2 0 0

We have a Supply theme store with aprox 10k items, our developer installed a search app called Sub-Second search, has been working great until recently. We are now experiencing issues such as the searched item results not displaying in a proper format and the images & text for the items being distorted or layered on top of one another and are illegible. The app developer added this statement to the app " 

Deprecation warning

After 30th March 2020, you will no longer be able to re-index products in Sub-Second Search. This is caused by a Shopify API change that means it's no longer possible to get products by page. Their cursors replacement is fundamentally incompatible with the way Sub-Second Search works.

Products that you've already indexed will be searchable until 30th September 2020. After that point in time, your store will revert to using Shopify search only. Please uninstall Sub-Second Search at any point between now and then to stop being charged for it.

I've lobbied Shopify to change their plans to deprecate the Search API page attribute, but in their very polite way they continue to ignore my request. On a personal note, I'd like to thank you for using the app for the last two years and wish you the best of luck with your store. Kind regards, Alex "

Do I need to install a new search app ? any recommendations on one ? I am not a developer and currently dont have one, looking for a diy recommendation. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
10007 116 1818

What features are you looking for? What does the native search not cover?

I also don't see their reasoning in the email being valid as other tools are successfully using the newer API format without issue. The change made on Shopify side was done for good reasons.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there,

We are looking for fast results that display on a search results page , nothing more than that . Should I uninstall the sub-second search app ? Is that app not what is working on my site currently ? if the default search is part of the supply theme then what will be the result of uninstalling the app ? I guess you can see that I have a poor understanding of what is currently doing what on my site . lol . 

cheers

Soundman1967

0 Likes