Search for App: Buy One Gift One

evergreenresult
Visitor
3 0 0

We're looking for an app to facilitate a "Buy one, gift one" campaign. Ultimately, the goal of this campaign is new customer acquisition by referral from current customers. The idea is that when a customer submits and order, they would have the opportunity to enter a friend's email address to "gift" a [product] to them too. An email would be sent to that friend saying something like, "[original customer's name] just gave you a free [product]. Here's a coupon code just for you to redeem a free [product]."

Any ideas?

Replies 6 (6)

matbaker
Explorer
42 7 13

Hey @evergreenresult 

I am not aware of any app that could do that out of the box, however that could be achieved with simple automation. The flow would be:

1. Anytime order is placed, check if it qualifies for "Buy one, gift one" campaign.

2. Read friends email saved in order attributes (this would require creating an input field on the frontend to allow customers to add that email to the order).

3. Create a single use 100% discount code limited to the product of your choice.

4. Send an email to the customer with the code. 

I reckon for the last step it would be best to trigger Klaviyo (or any other marketing platform) flow. If you could send just standard email.

Send me a pm if you like the idea and need more details.

Need Shopify help? Send me an email matbaker66@gmail.com 🙂
evergreenresult
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks Matbaker, good thinking. That is the solution we've come up with so far. We are hoping there is an all-in-one solution app.

acaceres
Visitor
2 0 0

Were you able to find an app to support this?

evergreenresult
Visitor
3 0 0
We were not. Out best solution was to send a follow-up email to purchasers
(or use the order confirmation email) to provide a link to a landing page
with a form that allowed purchasers to enter their order ID and the friend
to whom they want to gift product's email address. Then we sent an email to
the friend's email with a "free product" discount code and led them to a
page with the available "free" products.
acaceres
Visitor
2 0 0

Ah really thought there would be an app by now for this! Thanks for letting me know. 

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

Hi there, as far as I know, referral candy app have this kind of feature, check it out here https://apps.shopify.com/referralcandy

In detail, after customers purchase your product, they get a referral link (can be shared quickly on social media or whatsapp, etc), if their friends buy from the ref link, their friend gets a discount; so do they.

But the email thing is not possible. 

Hope you find that helpful.

P.s: We just release a new Youtube channel about Ecommerce; please subscribe to our channel “Ecom Learning With PageFly” in which we provide you with actionable insights into building your own eCommerce business, including everything from Business Ideation, Product Research, Brand Building to proven eCommerce Marketing Strategies, Store Design and Conversion Rate Optimization Strategies.

The first video about picking winning Dropshipping products in June 2021 is out now! We're here to help you thrive in the eCommerce world, one video at a time!