Self proclaimed Guru's apps...doubts

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, the shopify apps developed by these self proclaimed ecom gurus (tristian's sweet upsell, frank hatchett's ecom turbo), when one uses such app for their stores, is it possible that the developer of the app can see what products the app users are selling? They can literally see the winning products, right?

Same goes for theme devs and they can see their customer's stores and products?

Do we really want them to see winning products?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
63 13 17

Hi @Ninjaguy 

* Disclaimer: I'm developing private apps and helping to improve themes

You can see what permissions app requires when you installing one. So yeah - in case if app requires permissions to your orders, then it can see products that your customers buys. I doubt that they review that data per store or so as far as there are really a lot of work to do to support those apps. But theoretically they can analyze this data. If you worried about it you can always hire your own team to develop one ;)

For themes, usually you don't share any private info when installing 3rd party theme. In case if you hiring someone to customize your theme, usually it's enough to grant permissions to modify themes and access installed apps. But sometimes it's useful to have additional access (it really depends on different conditions) and can be negotiated separately.

Thanks for reading, don’t forget to like and subscribe!
Wrong outro - Click Like and Accept as Solution if it was helpful and help other to find the answer ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Permission granted or not, I think they can see which stores are using their apps and themes. No extended permission is needed just to see the store URL lol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
63 13 17

Yeah, store url is public info and it's publically available info. So what are you worried about?

Thanks for reading, don’t forget to like and subscribe!
Wrong outro - Click Like and Accept as Solution if it was helpful and help other to find the answer ?
0 Likes