Selling freelance editing services by word

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi all,

I hope this is in the right place; I'm new to Shopify but gather I'll need an app to help me out here. I'd like to sell editing and proofreading services priced by the word, and I would also like to have a sliding scale so that the price is lower as the client is prepared to wait longer. This should be as invisible to the client as possible, of course!

Thanks in advance!

Cam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @margin!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I've been thinking about your query and although there isn't a feature native to the Shopify Admin that would provide you with the pricing functionality that you're looking for, I believe I've found a few work-arounds that may work for you. 

The first option I had in mind would be to simply invoice your customers using Shopify's draft order function in your Shopify Admin. This feature would allow you to create products based on the customer's information and price the products manually before emailing the customer. The draft order would generate a receipt/invoice that would be sent to the customer via email. The customer would then be able to go through your checkout and pay for their order. You can read all about how to use the draft order function from your Shopify Admin, here

On the topic of invoicing your customers, there are some apps that would provide you with different features that can build custom invoices that you could potentially send to your customers. Apps like; Invoice Falcon, Simplio: Simple Invoice and Sufio: Professional Invoices would do the trick! 

I understand that you're not looking to list specific prices, but you could always look into an app that would allow you to customize pricing for products as well as have add-on options that the customer could pay additionally for. For example, I would recommend looking into the apps; Bold Custom Pricing and Product Options and Customizer.

Other apps that might be helpful would be an app that would allow you to quote your customers before they put through their order. An app like; Quick Quote could help you with this feature. I would also suggest looking into the Calculator Builder app - which would allow you to build a custom pricing feature on your storefront. 

You had mentioned a pricing slider - that isn't something that is available in Shopify natively or even in the Shopify App Store, however, you could look into using an app that would do tiered pricing for you. There are quite a few apps available in the Shopify App Store that would provide you with a tiered pricing feature, you can check out those apps, here. If this isn't quite what you're looking for, then you could look into hiring a Shopify Expert to design and create the functionality you want. Shopify Experts are developers, designers, marketers and photographers that can help you with specific aspects of your Shopify store. You can check out all of our Shopify Experts, here

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Karlie,

Thanks so much for the detailed response! I think I can put together just what I need with these options.

Best,

Camden

0 Likes