Selling unique pdfs in one product?

2 0 0

I have 500 unique pdfs with individual barcodes. (Tickets for an event)

Is there an App where I can sell those pdf tickets as one of my shopify products? I've seen some apps that create new individual pdfs with each order and I've seen apps where you can sell just the same digital file as a product. But I can't see any option to sell my own unique pdfs. Also it would need to be able to sell multiple tickets at once in one order.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
140 14 25

Hi, @Schui_Baumann!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

Great question. You’re on the right track - using an app would likely be the best way to handle selling tickets. A few apps I recommend checking out include Sky Pilot, SendOwl and Evey Event Management. All three apps allow you to provide your customers with a PDF after their purchase.

The nice thing about SendOwl and Sky Pilot is that they also offer you the ability to sell other types of digital products, from videos and eBooks to tickets and audio files. Both apps are also known for their excellent customer service, making it really easy to seek support. If you’re ever needing to get in touch with the developers, you can find the contact information for the developers directly under the Support section on each app page.

With Evey Event Management, you also have access to their own check-in app so you can check-in attendees using their QR code scanning feature. Although your current tickets already have barcodes, this might be a great feature to have for future events. This app also allows you to sell multiple ticket types if you have a multi-level pricing structure, and you can even create group tickets if you have group discounts. 

While all three of these apps allow you to customize your tickets, as well as use their own templates, it looks like you can also upload your own unique PDF files. I recommend installing these apps to see which one suits your needs the best. If you have any questions about their features or need assistance with the apps at all, you can always reach out to the developers directly.

Let me know how you find those apps. I’m curious to see which one will be the best fit for you.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks Julie for all your suggestions. Unfortunately non of your suggested apps where able to mail out already existing unique pdf files for individual orders. I ended up using the FetchApp. It's only a workaround, but it'll do for now. I'm hosting all pdfs on my own server and copy+pasted the unique url for each pdf as license keys into the product as FetchApp. I adjusted the email template in FetchApp so now every time an order for a ticket comes in, the customer gets a second email with a License Key, which is actually the url to their ticket pdf.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
140 14 25

No problem, @Schui_Baumann!

I'm glad you were able to find a workaround with FetchApp. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes