Send as a Gift - Digital Products

David_Briggs
6 0 0

I've activated the "Gift Wizard" on my site, but it doesn't look like this will work with gifts that are digital downloads. The recipient gets an email requesting his/her physical address, but no email address. As the sender, I get the download button in my email. The order then shows up in my store marked as fulfilled.

Is there any way to use GiftWizard for digital downloads?

Thanks

0 Likes
Alicia_W
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
338 0 61

Hi David,

I installed the Gift Wizard app into my test shop hoping to find a solution for you - but it looks like there is no way (that I could find) to personalize the notification that gets sent to the person who is receiving the gift.

You might want to try and contact the Gift Wizard support team directly:

Cheers!

Alicia | Support Lead for Shopify
0 Likes
David_Briggs
6 0 0

Thanks, Alicia,
I've sent an inquiry to giftwizard. I'll post back when I get a reply.

0 Likes
Brigit_Cosgrove
1 0 0

Hi David,

Did you end up getting a reply from Gift Wizard? I have the same problem. It's very frustrating.

Brigit

0 Likes
David_Briggs
6 0 0

Hi, Brigit,
Yes...I've had a couple conversations with Gift Wizard. I think they geniunely want to resolve some of the issues I brought to their attention (they redesigned a few things), but in the end, I still found the process to be too confusing for customers and decided not to use it. Interestingly enough, I've been exploring how other retail sites use "gift" options on their websites (Amazon, etc.), and find these to also be somewhat confusing for customers. It kind of reminds me of the early days of the Web, where the functionality was there, but with poor usability. Someone needs to sit down with the coders who design retail sites and walk them through the process of making a "gift" purchase. The flaws in the system are painfully obvious (to me, anyway).

0 Likes
thrivinghome
1 0 0

Did you ever find a good solution? We are running into the same problem!

0 Likes