Sending digital products for approval or revision

Thijs
3 0 0

Hello guys!

My store focuses on artwork. People send their photo and we design a special kind of art they ordered. All are physical products like canvases. But to lower refunds and returns an option that clients can approve their portret/art or ask for revisions before we send the physical product is needed. I looked into Digital downloads, but it seems that is not ideal. My business model is the same as The stores PopYour Pup or PetCanva. They have a tool that does what i need. Anyone that has suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Thijs

0 Likes
Rose
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 54

Hi, @Thijs!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

In this case, an application is definitely the way to go as we do not have a file upload function native to our platform.

We do have a list of applications from our App Store that would allow your customers to upload a file to an order. Specifically, I would recommend the following two applications as they can add a field directly on the product page to download their image for your review:

These applications also have a free trial period so you can test it out on your store to see what works best for your business model.

Let me know if that helped! In the meantime, I have let our developers know that this function would be beneficial for our platforms. They are always looking for ways for us to improve the features we provide so I have happily passed that along.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Thijs
3 0 0

Hello,

I think it is not very clear what i need. I do not need a function so I can review the original photos the clients sent, but an email 

app that send people the art we made from the photo they sent using uploadkit (already have that app). I ask them if they like what we created, if so we fullfil the order further and send the product

0 Likes
Rose
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 54

Hi, @Thijs!

Rose here! Thanks for getting back to us with that clarification!

If you are looking for an approval process between yourselves and your customer, you can consider an application such as Proofer Proof Management. This app allows you to upload the proof directly to the order and automatically send it out to your customer with a customized email template. This will save you some time allowing you to request approval without numerous back and forth emails.

Let me know if that helped!

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes