How can I send discount codes to potential customers via email?

Mathias_Meyer
Excursionist
72 0 6

Hi, I am looking for an app that helps me to send discount codes to potential customers (not yet customers) by email : the native discount menu of Shopify allows me to give discounts only to existing customers. Thank you. Mathias.

Replies 14 (14)

PageSpeedGuru
Shopify Partner
47 0 7

Hi Mathias,

Not sure there is one:-) It sounds to me like a who came first, "the chicken or the egg" question.

Couldn't you just issue a discount to a dummy account and then send that in an email?

Could it be that what you are looking for is a Coupon App. To me it seems Coupons is something you give out to people who have no account prior.

I have found this : https://apps.shopify.com/bulk-discount-generator

Best regards

Tonny Christiansen / PageSpeed Guru

Shopify PageSpeed Expert | Speed up your Shop and Earn 45% more, Get 31% more Traffic and Boost Conversion Rates by 20%

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Mathias_Meyer,

Nick here from Shopify. 

There is an app which sprung to my mind when I saw your message called Personal Discount. Personal Discount essentially enables you to send out discount codes to your customers who sign up for your newsletter regardless if they are a customer or not. As well as offering a discount code, this can also help build your email list for potential customers moving forward. There are some other discount code apps in the Shopify App Store which I think are worth looking into also, but maybe don't have the focus on the feature you are looking for. You can see them below:

Hopefully, this helps and can do what you need it to. 

All the best, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Mathias_Meyer
Excursionist
72 0 6
Hi Nick, I am trying Personnal discount but I must use Mailchimp and I use
Mailerlite... no other option ?

Thank you

Best

Mathias
Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Mathias_Meyer,

A very good email marketing service that I actually use on my own store is Klaviyo. But there are some other email automation services which you can look into using in the Shopify App Store here too. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

@Nick, thanks a lot for suggesting my app! I came across this thread only today.

@Mathias_Meyer, you can already use Personal Discount with MailerLite or Klaviyo.

Personal Discount - select Email Service ProviderPersonal Discount - select Email Service Provider

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
Check out my apps Exporteo, Fulfilleo, Stockeo, and Personal Discount.
mandyderoode
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi @LukaszWiktor,

We want to send out unique discount codes to new subscribers so I was looking for the right app and came across this topic. I downloaded the Personal Discount app but when I open the app nothing appears in my screen... Any idea what the problem could be?

Thank you!

Mandy.

LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

Hi Mandy,

Hmm... this is weird. I just checked that it's showing correctly form me. What browser do you use (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, ...)?

Thanks,
Lukasz

itarizin
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello @LukaszWiktor 

I'm trying your app as well, and I've some questions for which I couldn't find answer on the FAQs.

I'm using Shella theme, and the Shopify method for user subscription, and Sendinblue for delivery. I wanted to have a discount sent to the user when he/she subscribe to newsletter.
I've created the Automation on PersonalDiscount and the template on Sendinblue.
I tried to subscribe on an incognito tab, with a test email, but it seems the Automation doesn't get "triggered", what can it be?
Another question about something that's not clear to me... how does PersonalDiscount trigger the send in Sendinblue for the customer, how to specify the template? I'm confused.

Thank you very much, bests
Andrea

LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

Hello Andrea (@itarizin),

Do you have the Sendinblue app installed in your store? If so then it should synchronize your subscribers from Shopify to your contacts in Sendinblue. You also need to set up a Welcome Message automation in Sendinblue. This setup alone will send emails automatically to visitors who sign up for your newsletter.

Now, to include a unique discount code in your welcome email, you need to create an automation in Personal Discount (what you already did). Then you need to copy the code snippet from Personal Discount settings, and paste it in your welcome email template in Sendinblue. When a recipient opens your welcome email then Personal Discount will generate a unique discount code and show it in the email. So the trigger to send a welcome email is adding a new contact to your list in Sendinblue. On the other hand, the trigger for my app to create a discount code is when a recipient opens the welcome email. Does that make sense?

If you need any other help, then please send me a DM or an email to support@personaldiscount.me 

Kind regards,
Lukasz

itarizin
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello @LukaszWiktor ,

yes indeed it make sense now, my bad I supposed was a whole automation, me being a newbie on Shopify I thought you made automagically become true (quoting your signature) 🙂

I have some other questions but I'll contact you separately.

Thank you, bests
Andrea

Psalmuel
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Does this method work for Hubspot too?

vivigirlshop
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Lukasz,

Question on the app. Can we still use 1 discount code only for email subscribers that will be used 1 time only?  Or the app will always create a random discount code?

Thank you.

Anthony_Jackson
Shopify Partner
245 2 11

Hi Mathias, 

I have a recommendation for you. Thank you email marketing tool by Autoketing. I use it for a year now and it run quite well. Help me boost sales and build a stronger connection with customers. It's very easy to use. You will find its features helpful. Cheers!

banned

Omar247
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi,

I am using two specific apps for this kinda job. I am using Trytada gamified email popup app for collecting emails https://apps.shopify.com/tada-pop-ups-game-emails (It's a gamified email popup app that asks the shopper to play a game to ‘win’ bigger discounts. Tada’s engaging pop-ups will allow you to collect more email addresses.) and using Mailchimp for email marketinpurposes. 

Hope you find it helpful