Sending discount code by email

Highlighted
Tourist
45 0 1

Hi, I am looking for an app that helps me to send discount codes to potential customers (not yet customers) by email : the native discount menu of Shopify allows me to give discounts only to existing customers. Thank you. Mathias.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Mathias,

Not sure there is one:-) It sounds to me like a who came first, "the chicken or the egg" question.

Couldn't you just issue a discount to a dummy account and then send that in an email?

Could it be that what you are looking for is a Coupon App. To me it seems Coupons is something you give out to people who have no account prior.

I have found this : https://apps.shopify.com/bulk-discount-generator

Best regards

Tonny Christiansen / PageSpeed Guru

Shopify PageSpeed Expert | Speed up your Shop and Earn 45% more, Get 31% more Traffic and Boost Conversion Rates by 20%
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3246 245 557

Hi @Mathias_Meyer,

Nick here from Shopify. 

There is an app which sprung to my mind when I saw your message called Personal Discount. Personal Discount essentially enables you to send out discount codes to your customers who sign up for your newsletter regardless if they are a customer or not. As well as offering a discount code, this can also help build your email list for potential customers moving forward. There are some other discount code apps in the Shopify App Store which I think are worth looking into also, but maybe don't have the focus on the feature you are looking for. You can see them below:

Hopefully, this helps and can do what you need it to. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
45 0 1
Hi Nick, I am trying Personnal discount but I must use Mailchimp and I use
Mailerlite... no other option ?

Thank you

Best

Mathias
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3246 245 557

Hi @Mathias_Meyer,

A very good email marketing service that I actually use on my own store is Klaviyo. But there are some other email automation services which you can look into using in the Shopify App Store here too. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Nick, thanks a lot for suggesting my app! I came across this thread only today.

@Mathias_Meyer, you can already use Personal Discount with MailerLite or Klaviyo.

Personal Discount - select Email Service ProviderPersonal Discount - select Email Service Provider

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @LukaszWiktor,

We want to send out unique discount codes to new subscribers so I was looking for the right app and came across this topic. I downloaded the Personal Discount app but when I open the app nothing appears in my screen... Any idea what the problem could be?

Thank you!

Mandy.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Mandy,

Hmm... this is weird. I just checked that it's showing correctly form me. What browser do you use (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, ...)?

Thanks,
Lukasz

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello @LukaszWiktor 

I'm trying your app as well, and I've some questions for which I couldn't find answer on the FAQs.

I'm using Shella theme, and the Shopify method for user subscription, and Sendinblue for delivery. I wanted to have a discount sent to the user when he/she subscribe to newsletter.
I've created the Automation on PersonalDiscount and the template on Sendinblue.
I tried to subscribe on an incognito tab, with a test email, but it seems the Automation doesn't get "triggered", what can it be?
Another question about something that's not clear to me... how does PersonalDiscount trigger the send in Sendinblue for the customer, how to specify the template? I'm confused.

Thank you very much, bests
Andrea

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
191 2 9

Hi Mathias, 

I have a recommendation for you. Thank you email marketing tool by Autoketing. I use it for a year now and it run quite well. Help me boost sales and build a stronger connection with customers. It's very easy to use. You will find its features helpful. Cheers!

0 Likes