Service / Repair Forms

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Summary: I need to replace the extended pdf forms we have been using to track service / repair work order forms, with something more user friendly that can be accessed via our website.  An app that creates such a form would be ideal, but it must also be editable after the customer submits it to us.

Details:

A large portion of my company revolves around selling parts for repairing mechanical systems, as well as providing service for those systems for people who are not skilled to do the repairs themselves.  For customers not local to me who will be shipping me their equipment for servicing I've always emailed the customer a PDF that supports extended fields allowing the customer to save their info and then email the form back to me as an attachment.  This has always been awkward as some customers don't understand they have to save the form before attaching it and emailing it back to me.  If they don't save it, I just receive a blank form.  We also use this form in our service center when a local customer drops off the equipment for service in person. 

What I would like is to have a form on my store that a customer can fill out, and it sends me a copy of it.  The trick is that I need it to have an editable field to put our notes from servicing the equipment on it as well.  I would like for the form to look attractive and be easy for the customer to use.  When we have finished servicing the equipment for the customer, we would print out the form and include a copy with their receipt for their records.  We also maintain a digital copy for our records.  

The flow would be as follows:
1. Customer completes the form requesting service.   And a copy is sent to us, or a notification at least.
2. The customer ships the equipment to us.
3. We note on the form when we receive the equipment and all the notes from diagnosing the problems with the equipment as well as notes on the service work completed.
4. The form is printed and handed to the customer or enclosed with the invoice and the customer receives it with the equipment we are sending back.  

The catch has been trying to find an app that will allow a customer to submit a form / work order that I can pull up and edit (to add our notes).  Ideally the form would have a field for our notes that the customer would not be able to edit. Being able export into a PDF would be ideal as well. The fields needed would be:

• Customer name
  • phone
  • address
  • make and model of equipment
  • service request / description of problem
  • technician notes

Anyone have ANYTHING close to that?  If not, any suggestions for a different system that would accomplish the same goals would be great.  Someone recommended I try using Google Forms (since we have  google apps for workplace accounts), but I'm not sure that's going to work.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
123 0 4

Dear Samuel,

I have developed an APP which do 70-80% of what you are looking for. Please provide your email address and I will send you the access details to check that app.

Thanks

Rohit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
162 0 5

Hello Samuel,

Great quesiton! :-) While I have not seen an app that does everything you are looking for this app here might be able to help as well.   

At the same time there are some excellent developers that can be hired here as well.  :-)  Also, if any developers have any suggestions on how to do so please feel free to share here!

Best,

Matt

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Did you ever get anywhere with this? In need of this too!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Unfortunately I did not.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
123 0 4

Dear Caner,

As I said in my last message I have done the similar job for one of my client.

Please share your email and I will send you the details

Thanks

Rohit

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

HI there,

We own a sewing machine store and we do sewing machine repairs.

We need a repair module that will allow us to:

1) log customers new and old

2) log the sewing machine model number, serial number

3) log the issue

4) have a click box for accessories/items brought in with the machine (ie. bobbin, thread, carrying case, etc so we can log everything with the machine - we can provide an exact list)

5) "what" repair they need - we have a set standard of rates that we use and we'd like to be able to have a click box for these items

6) we need to be able to input technician notes, log time and name etc.  If we can upload images on the back end great etc.

7) we would like to email the customer their ticket and also print out a ticket

8) we'd like to be able to notify via email and or text when the machine is ready for pick up

9) it would be nice but not mandatory that a customer could check on their repair ticket remotely if they wanted.

Does an app like this exist?  We've looked at "After sales repair" but I can't get it to work and I've emailed them and there is no response.

Thank you - 

cottagequilting@shaw.ca
manager@cottagequiltingonline.com

0 Likes