Shipping label price adjustments

Shopify Partner
415 44 87

@the_good_fill 

When you use carrier flat rate packaging you need to make sure you select the correct carrier packaging and service. If you just pick a custom box and enter the dimensions, then you are not setting up your label correctly and will not be paying the correct postage when you purchase the label.

MelsMojoBob_0-1602508930757.png

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 3
You are correct, but it doesn’t give you cubic rate.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
415 44 87

@David232 

If the cubic rate doesn't come up for you, then either the standard Priority price came out lower than the cubic, or your package didn't qualify for cubic.

MelsMojoBob_0-1602510499700.png

0 Likes
1 0 1

We are seeing the same issue. The post office charging adjusted rates saying the weight was off by 3 lbs on a order that had 1 shirt and weighed .75 ounces. There is no way! Then they charged us more for a package that they say we missed measured, they say it was smaller than we stated and then charged us more. 
This is a open check book for the post office!!! 

Tourist
3 0 3

We had the same thing with the box size ... we said it was 8.75" and they said it was 8.5  (smaller) and charged us for the so called error. It is like them having an open check book.  

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
415 44 87

Hi @Kathy11 and @Jeanne7962 

Would you be able to post any screenshots or pictures of the original shipment and the overage charge line items (redacting any personal customer or store information of course)? 

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 4

Did you ever find out how to solve this issue with the poly mailer and Shopify making you add a 3rd dimension? We also have this same issue.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
415 44 87

Hi @baylorkls 

If your package is under 0.75" thick, you have to select "Envelope" as the package type and it will not have you enter a 3rd (height) dimension.

MelsMojoBob_0-1603409368410.png

0 Likes
1 0 1

I just noticed this thing in my account too. I feel like a completely rip off from Shopify after they calculate shipping for a customer then they come back with a shipping price adjustment and also without inform me at all if I don't check the bill I don't see this. Stop scam customers please 

Tourist
6 0 0

Yes, I noticed them popping up on my billing statements since September 2020 and none of them are accurate. Who can help us?

0 Likes