Shipping label price adjustments

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Shopify community,

Does anyone notice these new shipping expenses called shipping label price adjustments? If so what have you done because our USPS postage has gone up so high its eating away at our margins.

CrisSmith

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
290 32 66

Hi @Cristofer_Smit1 

This tends to happen whenever USPS makes rate adjustments. Unfortunately, the adjusted rates don't seem to take immediate effect in the Shopify Shipping front end. During the 'lag' time until it catches up, the labels you are purchasing show as the old rates when in fact you are having to pay the new rates. The difference appears as these charges. Usually Shopify gives a forewarning about this when USPS announces rate changes ahead of time, but this time USPS just increased their rates without much warning.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We've had almost $1500 in "Price Adjustments" since July 29th

For over 10 years we used stamps.com with only occasional price adjustments. Perhaps, with a typo error in weight.

Currently, going back to stamps.com, using the same weights as usual, we do not get price adjustments.

In many cases, if not all, the Price Adjustments on Shopify state that the weight of the box is wrong.

Yet the weight we enter and pay for is MORE than the actual weight by a few ounces.

this is the same weight we use on Stamps.com.

I can't tell you how disturbing it is for Shopify to continue tis practice.

Shopify lured us from stamps.com promising 90% savings on postage rates. 

So the rate you see and the rate you pay, is NOT THE REAL RATE.

The rates appear lower but after delivery the price adjustments are HIGHER than if we took the packages to the post office!

Shopify says the US Post Office adds the price.

The US Post Office says they don't understand but we can file a claim.

To file a claim you need the shippers name & address, ship to name and address, date, size and contents of box, weight, date shipped, date received, tracking number and detail of discrepancy.

This would mean literally hours and hours, maybe days of work because of the quantity of orders.

This may be some sort of mix up or like a previous post said the NEW US postal rates are not on Shopify yet (doesn't explain why stamps.com works) but it's all wrong for sure!

It feels scammy, it is not fair and after lengthy chats and conversations with Shopify & the US post office there is no resolution.

We deserve better.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I was hit on Thursday for packages sent back in April/May/June.  I don't understand this whole process at all.  It says the weights were off but I have no way to defend myself as the packages are so old.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
290 32 66

@David232 

That's strange. On the rare occasion we did have adjustments when we used Shopify Shipping, it was usually within 30 days of the package delivery day (if not sooner). Not sure why the delay.

@Kathy11 

Wow that's incredible! We never had that many adjustments. But then again, we switched to using ShipStation around the time our store started ramping up, so if we had continued using Shopify Shipping its possible we would've encountered similar issues. From what we've seen, the 90% off figure seems a bit overblown - the higher discounts seem to only apply to the Express services, which only represent a small fraction of shipped orders for most people.

0 Likes