Shogun app, yay or nay?

jillyatlanta
4 0 0

Hi!  I'm interested in getting Shogun but I'm not sure if I really need it.  At present, I'm not using any web page building app. I just have Sky Pilot and Picture Protect apps.  Do I need Shogun to enhance my site?  If needing Shogun, what are some pros and cons to it?   If I don't need it, do I need another web page building app to run with a Shopify website?  

Thank you!

0 Likes
Kjankko
Pathfinder
101 2 11

Hi @jillyatlanta, You don't need any apps to build your store, but Shogun is a great App to make your Shopify store look custom.

I have a question for the community:

I'm building a Shopify store for my client using Shogun (Build -plan). I have tried to find an answer to the following question:

1. When I have built the store using my own Shogun - does my client need to subscribe the Shogun also, or He cannot change the product images, etc on Hi's Shopify store?

0 Likes
KalenC
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Hey @jillyatlanta and @Kjankko, thanks for the questions.

My name is Kalen and I'm a member of the Shogun Page Builder team.

As @Kjankko mentioned, Shogun is not a necessary app to build out your Shopify store. There are many benefits to using Shogun to build out your design. You can build out entirely customized pages without any coding knowledge. You can add products, collections and many other elements anywhere on your site. You can set entirely unique viewing experiences across different devices such as mobile and tablet. You can also create customized forms for your customers with our newly added forms feature! There are many more amazing benefits to using the Shogun Page Builder app so if you're interested, I would definitely recommend grabbing the app for the trial period and seeing if our app is right for you and your business :)

If you'd like to learn more about the benefits our users have had, take a look at our case studies on the Shogun website.

@Kjankko 

The Shogun Page Builder app would need to be installed on each store that you would like to have customized pages on. If you are developing the site using Shogun on a separate store, you can sync the content to the client if you are both subscribed to a plan that has content syncing enabled.

If the pages are finished and you would like to know if the app can be uninstalled, it can and those pages will remain active. If you would like to make changes to any of the pages created within Shogun, the app would need to be subscribed to. You can read more about this in our help center, here.

I hope that answers your questions. You can always contact us for support directly within the app, the apps store or from our website.

All the best,

Kalen | Team Lead, Support
Shogun Page Builder