Shop App

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have activated the "Shop App" feature for my store and we are now showing up on the "Shop" app but not all of my products are there. For some reason only 1 product is showing while on the website our whole inventory is live. So I need to figure out how to sync my full inventory to the "Shop App. Any help is appreciated! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
251 21 55

Hi, @dcrtslnr!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Well done on adding the Shop App channel to your store. It's a great way to attract new customers and take control of your store.

Currently, the Shop App will only display products that fall under two categories. They are:

• Recently added products
  • Recently updated products (new price, discounted pricing, new variants, updated description)

If your store is only displaying one product at the moment, it's likely that it's been recently added or updated. We're looking at expanding features soon with the Shop App, so keep an eye out for changes giving merchants more control over their store in the app. The Shop App channel was launched less than 2 weeks ago, so we know there will be some features that will make it even better, so keep sending through any feedback you have!

You can find out more about how to use the Shop App channel here: https://bit.ly/2R8kxDy.

If you're looking to take the next step with your business, I'd recommend checking out Shopify Compass. Shopify Compass provides you with free webinars and courses on things like store design, marketing and more. We're always adding new content and webinars, so I highly recommend taking advantage of this free program. It can really help you stand out in the crowd and build a truly dazzling store.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi. I'm looking for an add-on for my website to create custom prices based on the length and width of my products. The product is made to order, and the price would change based on both length and width factors. I need to find someone to code this on my Shopify store or make an app to use it on my website. The following link is a website that has the same option that I need:

https://www.englishblinds.co.uk/cheap-white-roller-blinds-p

Thanks,

Asad

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

It seams ridiculous that Shopify would release a shop app that does not feature products to the discretion of the supplier... what a waste of time. 

I added the "shop app" to my Shopify store and it said i had 0 of 6 products available on the shop app. My products were listed on Shopify a month ago...

Not only that, but when I search the "shop app" for my store, nothing shows up. 

Riddle me this: Why release an app that does not function as promised (my store does not show up in the app), has limited function (does not showcase all products) and will literally only frustrate the user into not wanting to use the app, hense, most likely delete it???

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
251 21 55

Hi, @Justin71!

Thanks for your feedback. The Shop Sales Channel is still very new, so any and all feedback is welcome so we can improve. I've passed this onto our Shop team to let them know.

Before I go into the issues you've raised, I just wanted to give you a bit of information about the origin of the app. Before "Shop App", this app was called "Arrive". This app was designed as a one-stop-shop for customers to track their deliveries in one place, rather than trying to find emails with tracking numbers and using multiple courier websites and apps to track their items. From there, Arrive was rebranded and Shop App was launched. At its core, Shop App is still marketed as a delivery tracking platform, but there were some new features added into the app. The screenshot below shows the app in the App Store as a delivery tracking app. This would mean customers are downloading it mainly for that sole purpose.

In regards to your comments, at the moment, products will only appear on the app if they are recently added, or recently updated. For your store to appear in the app, you need to make sure you meet the following requirements:

• Enable Shop Pay
  • Enable the Shop opt-in for your store checkout
  • Customize your store profile for Shop

On top of this, your store needs to meet the following eligibility requirements to appear in Shop store search:

• Your business needs to be on an active Shopify plan or higher.
  • Your business needs to sell by using a Shopify online store, and the store can't be password protected. Learn how to remove your online store password.
  • Your store can't sell cannabis products.
  • Your store has a low-risk profile.

After you add the Shop channel to Shopify, your store is automatically reviewed for store search eligibility. If your store isn't eligible for store search, then you can follow the instructions in the Shop channel to apply for a manual review.

Check out this guide to learn more about the app and the sales channel.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I'll be happy to help out.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes