Shopify App Approval Penalization?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello,

I submitted my Shopify app for approval twice so far and within 24 hours of both submissions my app was reviewed and rejected. I've submitted my app for a 3rd time and it hasn't been reviewed yet. Did I get put into a separate review pile? I read in the App Approval timeline documentation that if you submit an app too many times and it gets rejected too many times you can be temporarily barred from submitting. Did this happen to me without notice?

Thanks

Glenn Dayton

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I submitted my App for Approval about a week ago and I have not gotten an email, or any activity on the App at all.  It would be reassuring if they would at least acknowledge that they received the review request.  I don't think there is a link to some sort of status page is there?

Timj

Fahmah Jackson Software Developer.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

You should have received an email with subject line "Thank you for submitting ... to the Shopify App Store". Beyond that, I haven't received any other emails. 

-Glenn

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello Timj,

Once you submitted your app to list on Shopify app store, then it gets submitted to Shopify. as they have many apps in the queue so they used to review all the apps one by one.

Sometimes it will get reviewed within a week, but yes it may take more than that depending upon the queue items.

But yes you can take the follow up for your app review by sending an email to Shopify support team, they always reply to all your queries with proper solution.

Thanks

Business Development Manager
Migration, Importer & Marketplace Integration Expert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

@Swati_Ced My app got rejected today. Reason:

"As outlined in section 1.A.9 of our app store requirements, apps that connect merchants to marketplaces can't host those marketplaces on Shopify, or turn merchant stores into marketplaces."

Is there something that we have to do to get it approved? My app adds multiple vendors (sellers) to the merchant store.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @sandeepchauhan

I checked section 1.A.9, you can send revert to the Shopify team that what exactly you need to update in your listing.

In between, will you please let me know which type of app you send to Shopify for approval because as per my understanding you want to publish the sales channel app.

Thanks,

Business Development Manager
Migration, Importer & Marketplace Integration Expert
0 Likes