Shopify Brand Review App and hyperlink

15 0 0

Just trying to confirm a route for entering a hyperlink in the review field that will work. I have entered a bunch of different attempts to create a link from a review but it just shows the code and not the link, could someone help with formatting a hyperlink that will work after the review is published and not just show the code like text. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
61 0 13

Hey Chris,

Trey here from Shopify!

The Shopify Product Reviews app doesn't seem to be set up in a way that hyperlinks will be displayed, likely to help with people potentially putting spam links into reviews. I can bring this up with our team though to see what could be done about a future update to the app to potentially bring that functionality to the app.

For the time being, there are a couple of other product review-type apps available which could offer this ability. I've played around with the Judge.me Product Reviews app personally and this let me add html hyperlinks into the reviews and they are being properly displayed on the site as well!

Hope that helps :)

Trey S
support@shopify.com

3 Likes
15 0 0

Thanks man, I think what I really need is a rich text editor box for input of reviews to be added. And i think that the review before publish option should be plenty of protection against spam. Plus people could put pictures in their posts. Awesome!

OR

How about showing us where the code is stored so I can go in there and put the link in the stored review directly so when it displays the review it uses my code properly? Seems like the shopify review is unnecessarily locked down. I cant find where the data from the review is stored.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
78 0 8

Hi Chris,

To follow up on Trey's excellent app review recommendation (thanks, Trey!), with Judge.me Product Reviews you can import reviews using the "Direct" reviews CSV format we provide. So it's not a rich text editor, but it's a super simple 1 minute process. 

0 Likes