Shopify Flow - Product Updated Trigger

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi,

I'm just getting started with Shopify and Shopify Flow and I was surprised to see that whilst there is a Product Added trigger there is no Product Updated trigger. Are there any plans to add such a trigger, or have I missed a workaround?

Thanks,

Ross

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
655 35 105

Hey, Ross! My name is Tira and I'm a Shopify Guru.

Welcome to Shopify! We have had many requests for this feature to be added into Shopify Flow, so our developers are aware that this is something we need to work on adding. You can take a look at our workflow community board here to submit this as a request so our developers can acknowledge it.

I would like to suggest a workaround for you, are you looking for this so that you can let customers know when a product is updated, or is this something for internal purposes in your Shopify admin?

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Tira,

Sorry for taking a while to come back to you.

The scenario of "let customers know when a product is updated" is definitely one I can see us looking to use in the future. The particular use-case I was looking at was based around an integration between our Asset (Product) management system and Shopify Plus. We're automating the creation and publish of new Products within our stores, but there are times when someone may have made a mistake setting a categorisation that might affect how this Product is presented or filtered in the frontend of the store.

My hope was that I could run said "categorisation" Flow on both Creation and Update of a Product to eliminate the need for one of our employees to handle such mistakes or updates by exception.

Essentially, I want to ensure that the Product data in our stores is the same as our internally hosted Asset Management system.

Thanks,

Ross

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
655 35 105

Hi, Ross. Tira here, again.

Thanks for letting me know the additional details of what you’re looking to do and how it would help make things easier when categorizing your products correctly on your storefront. I checked with our Shopify Plus team to see if we had a workaround, and it looks like this is not currently supported. I will definitely send your feedback up to the Shopify Flow developers so that they are aware that this is a feature we need to work on, so that we can make our product better for you and all of our Shopify Plus merchants.

Perhaps the community would be able to provide some workarounds they have found.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Where can this be upvoted? The link above does not work. This is a must-have feature to make the most out of workflows. Is there any update to when this might be added?

0 Likes