Shopify For Non Profits

1 0 0

This contains exactly no information about how to set up my store as a non profit. Your site is just a feedback loop of emptiness concerning this subject. I signed up via the free trial on the "non profit page" (which actually is useless because I can't tell if I set up a normal or non profit store). And there are no obvious NP options or payment plans. Can someone there please help?

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi there, 

I'm wondering if I can use Shopify as a school fundraising tool - the fundraising arm of the school is a non profit. But we wouldn't need a permanent shop, it would just be temporarily active during fundraising events. How does this work? We would want to connect it to our Paypal to solicit both payments and donations, but before I proceed I really need to understand fee structures. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
680 42 104

Hello @Averose

Ren here from the Shopify support team, thanks for your comment. In order to register and take advantage of NPO features, we need to first verify your ownership of the account and obtain a form of proof of registry as an NPO.  I have sent you a secure email with some questions to collect a bit more information from you. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the store and obtain a form of proof of registry as a NPO, I can continue to support you further from there. 

Kindly, 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

2 0 0

Hi Ren, send me an email too please. I'm under a time crunch so I signed up as myself rather than in the school non profit's info, but ideally i'd like to set up an account for the school that they can use all year long. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

@Ren7 

Please send an email to me as I would also like to prove my nonprofit status. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
680 42 104

Hello @Nikipedia

Ren from the Support team here. Thanks for your post. I've reached out via a secure email to gather some additional information from you. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account I can continue to assist you from there. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
680 42 104

Hello @SGB0602

Ren here from the Shopify support team. I have reached out to you with a secure email to gather some additional information. Please respond accordingly. Once I have been able to verify your ownership of the account I can continue to assist you from there. Thank you!

0 Likes
2 0 0
Great, I will await to hear from you.
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello @Ren7 

I'm also an NPO org in Mexico, supporting kids with Cerebral Palsy - as you can check on http://nuevoamanecer.edu.mx/en/ 

How should I proceed to get discounted prices for my Shopify account? Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hi @Ren7 

Could you please also reach out to me via email? I am interested in setting up our NFP with Shopify and would like to obtain any support of discounts where applicable. 

Thanks

Chris