Shopify Lite digital products and Blogger.com

2 0 0

Hi, I would like to start really small as I don't know if my idea brings any revenue to me so it would be great if it was possible to do:

1. Is it possible to sell digital downloadable contend with Shopify lite plan? Are there any restrictions to number of items and filesize in Lite plan? I assume that servers belongs to Shopify and every file will be there.

2. Is it possible to use Shopify Buy button on Blogger.com?

Best

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
110 9 14

Hi, there. 

Hyde here from Shopify. 

The Lite plan is something which store owners would use if they don't need a website, so I'm not sure this would be a great fit. Shopify has a helpful guide about it going into more detail which you can see here. I have also highlighted the main part for you in a screenshot below.

20-02-yqy7z-1ue86Something else to remember with the lite plan is there are no restrictions on the number of products or files you can add. 

Customers cannot digitally download products unless there is a website to access downloadable content. So you certainly could use the Shopify Buy button on third-party platforms, however, you would likely need to check with Blogger.com support about whether you can embed the button into their HTML code.

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Adding to previous answer, yes, you can implement Shopify buy button into blogger.com blog. The only thing you will need to do is to encode it into XML format (the code, that you will get from Shopify admin page). You can do it here https://coderstoolbox.net/string/#!encoding=xml&action=encode&charset=utf_8

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

That all seems to me too complicated, thank you tho.

0 Likes