Solved

Is the Shopify local delivery app planning to update its backend order creation?

honeybadgermse
Excursionist
19 0 6

Ok so we have been testing the Shopify Local Delivery App and have hit its limitations, it seems you cannot create an order in the backend let's say if a customer phones you to be sent to the Local Delivery App when marked as fulfilled this does not have the property "Delivery method" or Marked ready for Delivery as Local Delivery like the order does when it's ordered on the front end of the store.

Question is, will this feature be addressed in future updates?

Suggestion for future updates: Would be great if you could also create Teams & Drivers to assign the orders too.

Cheers Tony

Accepted Solution (1)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @honeybadgermse 

I appreciate you reaching out and offering some thoughtful feedback on Shopify's local delivery app. I think these are some great suggestions and I understand why these features would benefit your business. 

I'd be happy to pass this feedback up to our development teams for potential future implementation. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 21 (21)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @honeybadgermse 

I appreciate you reaching out and offering some thoughtful feedback on Shopify's local delivery app. I think these are some great suggestions and I understand why these features would benefit your business. 

I'd be happy to pass this feedback up to our development teams for potential future implementation. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

honeybadgermse
Excursionist
19 0 6

Hi @Dirk 

Do you guy's have plans in the future to be able to create a manual order and pass it to the local delivery app? 

I was told with the Shopify Local Delivery app, it is currently not possible to assign this as the shipping method using the CREATE ORDER function in the admin at this time. This is known as a limitation.

Would be great if i could go back to my clients and let them know his will be possible in the future.

Cheers Tony

honeybadgermse
Excursionist
19 0 6

Hi @Dirk 

We could ask our client if they get a telephone order to put this through on the front end of the store this should fix our Delivery method "local delivery"  app problem for the time being, but it would be great if we could instil confidence in our client if you guys are looking at having the backend creating the order and marking it local delivery in the future?

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @honeybadgermse 

These are all great suggestions! I've passed this feedback to our development team for potential future implementation. I can't say for certain whether it will be a released feature, but I can say it has been brought to their attention as something that could be impactful to our merchants such as yourself.

Thanks again! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

kaban
Tourist
4 0 1
We've built a free app to offer a local courier delivery option for your customers. The local delivery services are currently available in California, Colorado, Washington, and Texas states.

Our Shopify local delivery app supports two main use cases:
  1. pass-through pricing (the end customer pays what it costs to deliver) and
  2. subsidized option (the end customer pays whatever you decide to, but the order is fulfilled using local delivery service).

We'd appreciate your feedback on the app https://www.rapidus.com/complete-how-to-rapidus-local-delivery-on-shopify-store/ and we welcome suggestions on additional use cases to support.
Caper
Visitor
3 0 2

Just weighing in here that I would like the same function that honeybadgermse describes.

JennyMalt
Tourist
9 0 10

Me too! 

We gave this feedback last year. The app is great, but it's a real pain having to manual add 'other' deliveries into the route ....ie print the map and draw them on for the driver!!

I've even tried ordering a 'free' product myself online to add the address, but again a real pain, especially as my local delivery is only free over £20 so I would have to keep chaining the settings. 

Come on Shopify this would be a brilliant build on an already great app.

I also asked for a picking list to go with the delivery route. That would make life so much easier and be a great feature!

Please, pretty please 😉

NeighborlyPop
Visitor
1 0 2

Hi Dirk, 

What's the status on this update to making local delivery an option on manually-created orders? 
Many thanks,

deb

PBonShopify
Tourist
8 0 5

Any update on this front?  We REALLY need this functionality to connect the Local Delivery APP. to the Shopify POS or the Draft orders in admin. ... Or heaven forbid. BOTH!!!  ...  Can you help me understand why this native Local Delivery App isn't a priority for Shopify?  

JennyMalt
Tourist
9 0 10

Agree. Still waiting in anticipation...

farm2door
Tourist
9 0 4

I have been following this for awhile but nothing has happened. We also have recurring orders where the client pays in one order for 12 weeks long the same order to be delivered . since it is in one order it only shows up once in the delivery app. We sell veggie boxes so I have multiple clients who place a recurring order for multiple weeks.

Plus I still would like to be able to add an address manual if something went wrong and client complaints and we need to send in the next delivery route one of our drivers to that address to picvk up something or deliver something.

I was happy that shopify had this app as it saves me from copying everything into a different app but the limitations are at the moment to much.

I also run the app side by side with my other delivery app and allthough it says it uses google some addresses are totally not correct even like 10km away while address is correct and if entered in google maps it shows the correct address but not in the app.

Will keep checking if things are changing.

christinewilson
Excursionist
23 0 5

I'm really hoping for this as well.  Love the delivery app but it is not at all useful when a large portion of my orders are able to be added.  Can you make a function where we can at least manually input a new address so that we can optimize routes?  I've tried outside apps (edit order), but they can't let me change shipping type either.  It's frustrating, as my only delivery option is 'local delivery'.  We receive quite a few orders over email/chat, so it's not an insignificant issue.

thanks!

AppJetty
Excursionist
74 1 3

You can use AppJetty Delivery Date Manager that will help you stay on top of your customers’ orders. Your customers would have the flexibility to select the time and date of delivery. They can even opt for the same day delivery option. You, on the other hand, can manage cut-off time for orders and customize the delivery date. It easily integrates with Shopify. 

Moreover, it provides various features that are beneficial to the customers.

1. Date and time selection
  2. Restrict delivery period
  3. Add the minimum number of shipping days
  4. Add cut-off time
  5. Present delivery date
  6. Customize delivery date picker
  7. Delivery comments
  8. Update delivery dates
  9. No-contact delivery
  10. Enhanced shipping configurations
  11. View delivery calendar

The best part is that it easily integrates with a POS system. 

If you want to know more about this app, you can visit our site  Shopify Delivery Date.

Improve your sales with AJ Delivery Date & Shipping
JennyMalt
Tourist
9 0 10

This doesn't help the issues raised.

We are all using Shopify Local Delivery App. It only works in the front end. We want to be able to manually add orders into the existing app not buy a new one from you. Sorry. 

LolitaDessertCl
Tourist
6 0 1

I currently have a storefront on Shopify and will be working with an app for local delivery (shipsi for Shopify), but it has a delivery radius restriction. Customers must go through the whole process of selecting items and checkout and only find out in the end if they are eligible for shipping.  

I'm wondering if there is a way we can have customers check eligibility of service/delivery? Perhaps with establishing a webpage with a map so they can entire their address to check if they are within the 10-mile radius, or some sort of pop up. 

I want to see if there is a way to have customers validate their eligibility for delivery before the checkout step. So, if they are not eligible for delivery, they don't go through the whole process thinking it can be delivered and then be disappointed it cannot. 

Do you think this is something that can be accomplished somehow, or have any insight as to what next step I should take? 

Sam_Shand
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Is there any update on this? It has been over a year.

This seems like a basic feature that hasn't been implemented, The local delivery app is great until you need to manually create and order in admin or POS, 

scrollengine
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Hello, everyone!

Introducing Scrollengine, your ultimate local delivery routes planner for Shopify! Seamlessly transforming all your Shopify orders into optimized local delivery routes in seconds, Scrollengine addresses the pain points you've experienced with the Shopify Local Delivery app.

We are proud to share that Scrollengine has earned the distinction of being 5 star rated and boasts exceptional reviews from our satisfied users. To experience the power of Scrollengine firsthand, we offer a free trial of 45 days. Don't miss this opportunity!

Learn more about Scrollengine and its features by visiting our website at scrollengine App. Get ready to revolutionise your local delivery process and elevate your Shopify store to new heights!

Thank you for your support,
The Scrollengine Team

christinewilson
Excursionist
23 0 5
Hi - will check out the app. Looked quickly and saw it’s a free app, but is this only for limited time/functionality? Wondering what true out of pocket cost is.

Thanks
Christine
scrollengine
Shopify Partner
7 0 0

Yes @christinewilson. We do have a free plan for 45 days and after that if your scale is lower than 20 orders per month you can continue as free customer. or else you can upgrade to our paid plans.
Also We proudly claim to be the cheapest app with competitive features for local delivery and store pickup. 
You can get started here 

Regards

Team Scrollengine

Roundtrip
Shopify Partner
76 3 4

Hi all,

We've created a local delivery routes planner app called EasyRoutes that turns all your Shopify orders into local delivery routes in seconds. It solves a number of the pain points you've described for the Shopify Local Delivery app.

We were a Shopify staff pick, and are very well reviewed. We offer a free trial as well, so please check us out!

You can learn more at https://easyroutes.app

EasyRoutes Local Delivery (https://apps.shopify.com/easyroutes) - Local delivery superpowers for your Shopify store

Tal_LionWheel
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi,
I recommend on LionWheel Local delivery App, they can offer you also free vip plan for 1 month just to check if its works for you 🙂