Shopify Ping: create orders, send products, send discount not available

Solved
Highlighted

I have installed Shopify Ping, and connected it to Apple & Facebook chat. I've already had various customer chats with both services, as well as with the default Shopify Chat. 

I am trying to set up an order for a customer in a chat (Apple Business Chat in particular, but I do not see these options for any of the chats), but when I follow the official Help instructions, I do not see any of the options that are listed on the Help page (create orders, send products, send discount). 

The only "shop icon" I can see (a screenshot on the Help page would be nice) is in the chat text entry field. When I click that, I only see the saved replies sections (Greeting, Order, Products, Thanks). I am not even sure if that is the "shop icon" they are referring to. 

I checked a few products and they have the Sales Channels activated, so I should at least be seeing a few products. But I do not even see the "New Order" option described in the Help docs. 

I have the most current version of the iOS app installed. I am not yet running iOS 13. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 27 26

Hi @George_C ,

Dani here from Shopify! Thanks for writing in.

It sounds like you're on the right track! When you click on the shop icon in the chat text entry field, you'll see your saved replies initially. Along the bottom of your screen, you should see a few options including New Order.

Once you click on that, you should see an option to Create a new order to send to your customer.

Since it's right around the corner, I gotta ask what you're planning to do for Black Friday/Cyber Monday? If you're still thinking about it, I'd recommend taking a look at our BFCM toolbox to learn how to make the most of this busy shopping season!

Let me know if you have any further questions, or if you see anything different in your Ping app! I'd be happy to continue helping you.

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like

Thank you! I was totally blind to those icons on the bottom of the screen. 

Monster, creature & cryptozoology patches, buttons & stickers.
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 27 26

No worries George! Happy to help! 

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes