Shopify Plus: File Upload on Checkout Page

2 0 0

Is it possible to upload files (images/pdf) on the checkout page (checkout.liquid)? 

Example of what I'm thinking:

Step 1 - Customer with permit for tax exemption goes to checkout (checkout.liquid)

Step 2 - Customer fills out information and uploads an image of permit

Step 3 - Once order is complete, the URL (non-Shopify link) of the uploaded permit goes into "Order Notes"

Step 4 - Purchases put a hold on the card, and an employee reviews image link to determine if customer has a valid permit and then charges the customer accordingly

Any apps out there that allow image upload at checkout?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
677 85 122

Hi, @DavidDB,

Hank here from Shopify.

Are you currently a Plus Store Owner and already have access to the checkout.liquid file? If you do, I can confirm you can upload files to your assets and call them in the checkout.liquid. Most Plus stores have a developer that would be able to assist with this, but you can also reach out to Shopify with regards to further support if you need it.

If you're not currently on a Shopify Plus plan, access to the checkout.liquid won't be possible and subsequently, there would be no app compatible with alteration of the checkout of any kind other than some tracking and visual changes.

Let me know if you have any further questions, or if you need further support, I'd be happy to help.

All the best, Hank. 

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes