Shopify Trail ended what happens to trial apps?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 6

Hi, I signed up for a Shopify trial and also for a trial of an app. My shopify trial has ended today but I was wondering what happens with the app trial? I had to enter my credit card info and I'm worried now that I'll be charged. I can't access my shopify store to delete the app. Can someone help me understand what happens in this situation?

Edit: I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post. Mods please help me move it to the right location if it isn't.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1052 87 117

Hi @AndyRupnarine,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

If the store is frozen, there is a chance that the app charge could still apply so I would like to take a closer look at this for you. Could you please confirm the .myshopify.com URL or store name you are referring to? I can help you close the account fully to ensure that no charge will be applied. As well, how have you found Shopify so far? Are you hoping to open the store at a later time? 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 6

Thanks for reaching out. The Shopify store URL is the-queens-ring.myshopify.com - I hope we can rectify any issues with the app trial. 

To answer your question, I am really enjoying the Shopify experience so far but I have decided to switch over to a developer account because I can take my time to develop a store. I find the 2 weeks trial for a regular store to be insufficient time and requires you have all your suppliers, branding material, and logistic setup in place before you can begin the trial. For me, it takes time to design a store (since I'm doing it myself) so the two weeks trial isn't enough. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1052 87 117

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @AndyRupnarine,

Thanks a mill for that! I can see that you had 1 day left on the trial and I have removed it from your store, so you won't be charged for the app going forward. You can always contact the app developers directly via email (support@productpersonalizer.com) too if you would just like to make sure. 

Ah perfect, thanks for the feedback and it's great to hear you that you're still with Shopify! With that being said, we do offer some fantastic tutorials here with our Shopify Academy if you would like to take a look! The Academy offers insightful tutorials on how to get started, design and marketing which can be quite helpful! As well, it's worth posting on other boards such as Feedback on my Store and Shopify Design at a later stage, if you would ever like some feedback from fellow merchants, Experts and developers or assistance with changing the layout of your store. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 6

Thanks for all your help, and the links you provided will definitely help. The whole education thing that Shopify does is my single most favorite thing about this company.

0 Likes