Shopify and Clover

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi All

I am currently in the process of deciding on a new POS solution for my business.

We currently use RMS by Microsoft (old system) and have our website on Word Press & Woo Commerce.

However we decided to make the switch to Shopify. Our new online store is built and will be launched in the next few weeks. I am also planning on using Shopify POS to connect our in store and online through the same channel. 

We currently use Clover as our hardware (card reading device) In Store. I am wondering if anyone has any experience in deciding on the best solution? Ideally I would like to keep my Clover hardware and integrate it with our new Shopify Store. Does anyone have any recommendations for this? Or would it be easier and more cost effective to go with Shopify's hardware options.

We are based in Ireland and the hardware offered here by Shopify does not look as good as it does else where.

Any help is really appreciated. 

Thanks

Jack

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi Jack,

Did you find a good solution? Based in the UK here and wondering the same re Clover.

Thanks,

Jess

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
718 106 270

I'd be surprised if the Clover card reader can connect to Shopify POS but you could try it. However, what a number of my clients do is have a separate card reader that they have set up in Shopify POS as a custom payment type (you can create these in the POS & call them what you want i.e. 'Clover') and then they manually enter the £amount into the card reader. This only makes sense though if the Clover costs are less than Shopify's.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi Jon,

We've been manually entering into Clover card machine for a long time but it's difficult when busy and mistakes happen.

Couple of choices that I can see.

We keep shopify pos, get shopify card reader and end contract with clover.

Cons are cost of ending clover and ( more importantly ) I don't think that shopify card reader is not as reliable as the clover that we use and rates are higher with shopify.

Or

Switch shopify pos to clover pos and use current clover card machine.

Con is then having two ( online & instore ) sales streams and to report and inventory to maintain. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
718 106 270

Yep - I think you'll very quickly get tired of having two sets of inventory to maintain though and two sets of reporting (you can integrate the two systems via 3rd party services but that's yet more money). Shame that Clover doesn't automatically integrate to Shopify like say Vend does.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Jess,

I would like to know what you mean when you say rates are high with Shopify. Aren't the rates determined by the merchant processing company like a bank. Please explain if you can.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I believe that Shopify add 1% if you use an outside online payment processor. I might be wrong.

Jess

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Thank you! I also found the pricing link. Here it is 

https://www.shopify.com/pricing

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Howdy! Sean from the Shopventory app here.

I hope you're on your way to a great solution, but if you haven't found the perfect fit you may consider testing out Shopventory.com!

Shopventory can integrate Shopify and Clover allowing you to only have one catalog to manage, or multiple if you have several locations. Totally up to you and we'll happily consult on the best setup.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions! Shopventory.com also offers a 30-day free trial if you want to check it out. Our team will get back to you quickly if you email sales@shopventory.com and we can jump on a phone call!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Thank you for your reply. Does shopventory also integrate customers? Because I have customers who purchase in-store (clover) and online (shopify).

0 Likes