Shopify and eBay inventory sync

Solved
7 0 0

Quick question: 

My inventory in eBay is syncing with Shopify (I have that option activated in Sync settings), but what about the other way around? In other words, I just sold some items on eBay and there is no inventory adjustment on Shopify. in fact, in the "published" (on eBay) inventory on Shopify, the quantity sold is still showing 0. I waited for 20 minutes, thinking that perhaps there is time-lapse but no, the inventory level is not syncing back to Shopify. I must say any adjustments I do in Shopify are syncing very fast to eBay, but nothing is happening the other way around.

Am I supposed to do manual changes in Shopify if inventory is being sold on eBay? 

0 Likes
Excursionist
10 1 0

It sounds like the workflow for the inventory sync isn't bidirectional. 

An option would be to place an application at the center that can reconcile inventory data as it's sold and act as a central point of data truth.  By treating each sales channel as it's own spoke which references the central point for inventory data, you can create fully automated and accurate inventory syncs for all sales channels.

0 Likes

Success.

Tourist
7 1 17

Hey @Irena_Iverson ,

Happy selling!!

Shopify and eBay inventory sync - The process said that if you are integrating your Shopify Store with eBay marketplace through any integration app then inventory should be synced properly in between the shopify & eBay marketplace.

Integration App helps you to provide real-time synchronization of inventory, price from Shopify to eBay marketplace.

In the procedure of real-time synchronization of Inventory:-

1. Whenever INVENTORY get updated into Shopify Store then it should be updated on INTEGRATION app
  2. Through the app, it should be instantly synced with eBay Marketplace.

In the same way,

1. If any order placed on eBay marketplace then the INTEGRATION app should sync the order in-app first then
  2. The order should be created on Shopify and
  3.  At the same time being, the inventory should be updated for that product in your Shopify Store.

So in this management , your integration app plays a very important role. Before choosing any integration you need to ask them for this service. Inventory management between Shopify & Marketplace is a basic need. There are lots of integration provider so you may choose the app as per your need.

You can look into this newly launched integration app who provide the same process that you want. You can visit here.

Hope this answer will help you !!

Thanks.

2 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thanks, anupriya. But I was asking because the integration app doesn't work well back from eBay to Shopify. This is what was my question was about and now it is not a question, it is a statement. The integration works seamlessly from Shopify to eBay but not back. When the product is sold on eBay, the product is not removed from Shopify. You have to do it manually. Which is fine. 

0 Likes
7 0 0

Thanks Torey. But I was talking about the free integration app of course, not the code. Most of us use Shopify because we can't write the code. The app doesn't work 100% but it works nevertheless. 

0 Likes

Success.

Excursionist
10 1 0

Hi Irena, 

Yeah, from a free integration point of view, you'll be limited and may just have to deal with the broken Inventory sync and reconcile the error manually. Again, there are solutions out there that'll resolve this issue with ease, but they won't be free. I'm happy to make some suggestions on options though, just so their on your radar for when you hit a scale that the manual reconciliation is untenable or overbearing on your time. 

Best, 

0 Likes
7 0 0

thank you so much, Torrey

0 Likes
Explorer
59 0 22

@Irena_Iverson Sorry you're having trouble. Definitely check out Trunk if you're still struggling to sync inventory between eBay and Shopify.

All you have to do is make sure SKUs match between both platforms and Trunk will keep it synced in real-time. If inventory goes to 0 on Shopify, it will end the listing (if auction style) or set it to 0 as well (if fixed price). It also works with variants, etc. 

https://trunkinventory.com

⚡Sync inventory + bundles/kitting in real-time between Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Faire, Squarespace, Square with Trunk @ trunkinventory.com
0 Likes