Shopify apps for personalised ecards

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi everyone

I've seen a previous post from several years ago about this, but the only thing recommended outside of custom design and development was Digital Downloads. This wouldn't be suitable. 

I wondered if anyone knows of an add-on that would allow us to have ecards on our shop with the option to personalise these cards and add a donation? - it's a charity shop. 

Many thanks for any suggestions. 

Kate

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
145 2 33

Hi Kate,

Is the card to be printed or just emailed?

If it is to be printed and all you need is a text box where someone can enter a custom message that can be printed on the card, then this can be done quite easily with a small modification to the code in your theme. However, if you want something more bespoke like some of the leading personalised card stores you will need a custom development.

If the card is just to be emailed, then this would be a digital download. Regarding the customisation part, a custom development would be required as you would need some method of adding the personalisation to the card before it is sent to the recipient. You might also need an extra form field to capture the recipient's email address if it is different to the buyer.

This type of functionality is bespoke so it's unlikely there will be app for this.

There are quite a few apps for adding donations or alternatively you might be able to do that with an upsell app.

Regards,

Asa @ Appifiny

Try the best recent order app for Shopify free for 7 days: https://apps.shopify.com/recently
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Asa, 

Thanks very much for your response. I thought it may require custom development, but thought I'd ask. 

Yes, the cards would need the option of being personalised by adding a recipient's name, a personal message and photo, and then either printed or emailed. It would also need to include the option to add a donation and some kind of testimonial or case study to indicate what charity activity the donation and ecard purchase would support. 

I guess we could use a third-party site like dontsendmeacard.com which many of the large charities use. 

Could you recommend one of the better donation apps please? I'd be interested in this anyway. 

Thanks again,

Kate

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
145 2 33

Hi Kate,

I've just had a look at the dontsendmeacard.com site. It doesn't look too complicated to create something like that as they are only text fields.

You could create a post in the Shopify Experts Marketplace and see if it's possible to have a custom app created that will fit your budget.

I haven't tried any donation apps myself but you can search for donation apps in the App store and read the reviews or try any apps for yourself that have a free trial and see which best fits your own requirements.

Best,

Asa

Try the best recent order app for Shopify free for 7 days: https://apps.shopify.com/recently
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Kate,

I wonder if you ever found a solution for this? I also run an online charity shop and am looking to set up a personalised ecard.

Thanks,

Katy

0 Likes