Shopify currency & suppliers, advice needed

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello dear people, I am building my first store and I need an advice. 

My default store currency is set to EUR as per my location & bank currency. However, I am planning to sell to USA & Internationally, and when trying to get USA suppliers apps, I get compatibility error, saying that my store currency has to be set to USD to qualify. 

Any advice? Is it wise to change to USD despite of my location/ bank?  Any way to get through to Americas based suppliers without USD as a main currency? 

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
26 0 5

Hi @MariaSA, hope you're doing well. In your case, merchants usually use a currency converter app. It is an app that automatically converts the currency base on customers' locations. I'd recommend Currency Converter Box - BEST by Autoketing. It's cheap and has simple settings. Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @Meg_Dawson , I am not sure if I made myself clear. This isn't about the check out currency (indeed I have a converter already available), but the default store currency. As mine is set to EUR, some supplier apps are not compatible with my store, meaning, I am not allowed to access US based suppliers (which I want to be able to). 

0 Likes