Shopify mobile app unable to upload photos

Razin1
2 0 0

HI,

Shopify mobile app unable to upload photos. 

Currently I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I am using shopify app by Shopify. I am unable to upload or snap new photos at the "add new product" module. I have update the phone android OS to the latest version. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Alex23
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 104

Hey, Razin!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

Hmm, curious! If you haven't already, I'd double check your app permissions. In order to add photos, the app will need permission to access your camera and storage; you should be able to find this in your settings > apps menu on your device. 

If that's not the issue, we'd be happy to look into this further for you - just reach out and let us know, either here or via our other support options, and we'll be glad to help. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always ready to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Razin1
2 0 0

HI Alex,

Thanks for the follow-up. I have checked the phone settings as advised. I still encounter the same error. i have tried re-installting the app too and checked the permissions settings. the problem still occurs.

Please advice again.

Thanks!

Razin

0 Likes
Alex23
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 104

Hey, Razin!

Thanks for checking on that! Hmm. Since that hasn't done the trick, I'd like to check in with my colleagues in our escalated support team for a closer look. Once I've posted this response, I'll reach out to you in an email - just respond to that email and we'll get to work straight away for you!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

0 Likes
Skollasc
2 0 1

I'm having the same issue

0 Likes
Skollasc
2 0 1

It only happens when I try to add a product from the mobile app. This will essential for our store. Please advise.

TrikkerDesign
1 0 0

Have the same problem here, have anyone found a solution.

This is on an iPhone.

0 Likes
Little_Fox_Clot
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Shopify,

I have the same problem. iOS 14 on an iPhone X. I try to upload a new image and get the error "Media Upload Failed". I confirmed that the Shopify app has permissions to All Photos. My steps were:

1) Edit listing

2) Add new photos

3) Click save

I then receive a green bar on the bottom that says Product Saved, but after another 1-2 seconds, the new images go away and I get the red/orange error box "Media Upload Failed". These are standard iPhone photos. 5.4mb and 6000 × 4000 resolution.

This is a critical feature to be failing and needs to be fixed.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Gnaajwi
1 0 0

Is there a solution? I finally loaded mainline app... trying to get with the times. Unable to add photo.

0 Likes