Shopify product review app is not completely deleted.

Charmingyou
2 0 0

I deleted shopify product review to replace other app and it is not completely deleted. 

URL: shopcharmingyou.com

theme : impulse

Each product page still shows its REVIEW section under product description. 

can anyone help? 

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1998 150 427

Hey, @Charmingyou.

When using the Shopify Reviews app, it would have required that you manually install the snippet coding into your product page. Installing the snippet would have been done by going to Online Store/Themes/Actions/Edit Code. From there, you would have installed the snippet in either product.liquid (found under the templates folder) or installed it in your product-template.liquid folder (found under the sections folder). Finding the snippet in either of these folders would be the step you need to take to ensure the coding is removed. 

When viewing the liquid file, you can use "Command + F" (for Mac) or "Control + F" (for PC) to search the file for keywords. Using the text field that appears, you can search for "reviews" which should pull up the snippet code you're after. The snippet will look like this: 

<div id="shopify-product-reviews" data-id="{{product.id}}">{{ product.metafields.spr.reviews }}</div>

Once removed, you can save the file. That should automatically update your site and remove the review box you're seeing. If you have any trouble processing these steps then let me know what part you get stuck on, along with a screenshot of what you see as I'd be happy to help out! 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes