Shopify, where has "Wordpress Importer" App gone?!

Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 6

Hi,

This App was in the store just a month or two ago. I used it in my dev store and even if it's not perfect it works. 

I am now stuck with no solutions to transfert my client's blog to shopify. Bogfeeder isn't the same as it won't import images into Files.

This was part of the reason why we agreed to use shopify online store plan, because we could migrate all those blog posts from wordpress. This is really annoying as it will delay the release by quite a lot ( I actually don't know how to do it now!)

Please bring it back!

Problem solver, strategist, user-centric creative designer and trusted team leader. My work is data-driven and outcome focused, blending Design Thinking with Lean methodology. I run Design Sprints in conjunction with user research and business insights to quickly validate hypotheses with users and generate buy-in from the business.
2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I have the same exact concerns. Help!

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 6

Hi Ben,

I found out through a newsletter that they discontinued it a few months ago! Like I mentioned above blogfeeder can't tranfer your images to shopify because shopify hasn't opened up FILES to the API, so nobody can upload images to files through the API. 

They must have a reason for it, maybe now that they have enough customers they don't need to help wordpress users coming over. Or they will probably charge users for cloud space in the future and don't want people uploading years of imagery to their servers, or not enough people were using it and blogfeed seems like a good enough option for worpdress users. Who knows....

Good luck. 

Problem solver, strategist, user-centric creative designer and trusted team leader. My work is data-driven and outcome focused, blending Design Thinking with Lean methodology. I run Design Sprints in conjunction with user research and business insights to quickly validate hypotheses with users and generate buy-in from the business.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 0 2

Hello Thomas,

Please check out my StoryBook ‑ WP Blog Connector app here: https://apps.shopify.com/storybook-wp-blog-connector

The app acts as a proxy, it connects your WordPress blog with your Shopify store. All WordPress posts/categories/tags and such are instantly available within your store.

You will find most of the WordPress features available, more we implement server-side caching under the hood, there is a good chance that your Shopify blog is way faster than your original WordPress blog.

Best,
Ionel

0 Likes