Showing applicable discount codes on product page

Shopify Partner
3 0 0

I tend to agree with everyone else, as this should be standard feature and would like to bump. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

should be a standard feature to show at least a discount code is available for the product on the page as that is compliant with most M.A.P policies 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hey, 

possible for you to share the details of the solution provided by JC Penny like you mentioned?

Best, 

Jannat

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hey Jannett,

it is pretty easy to build a if statement to show text based on the tag. 

{% if product.tag is “XYZ” %} do this {% else %} something else {% endif %} 

the problem it is isn’t quite easy to pull this info and code parameters with some some middleware type system, which ideally would be in shopify. The coupon code functionality isn’t really exposed to the theme frontend either. 

cheers

chris 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 3

Came across this while trying to figure out how to show discounts on products pages. As someone just getting started with Shopify it does make me question rather this is a platform to stay with. When such a basic feature is not included in the price we already pay and the suggestion is to use another app that costs an extra $20 a month to use. I can see this is a very common problem with the Shopify platform. Missing many standard features and being told to buy an app.

To me this is not cool at all. This sort of "nickle and dime" stuff will kill small businesses just trying to get started. 

If I had bought all of the apps that have been suggested by Shopify staff for things that should be built in features. I would easily be up to paying over $100/month just in apps.

I hope these concerns actually get addressed by someone as this thread is now 2 years strong.

2 Likes