Simple Inventory Tracker App

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1

I have a simple Shopify candle store with 10-15 candle varieties.  Shopify does great for tracking my Shopify sales/inventory but I need something to track all inventory.   If I have 100 candles on Shopify and 25 in a retailer then I have to manually keep track of total quantities on an excel sheet for each location.  This works perfectly fine but requires more work than I care to be doing. Every sale on Shopify requires me to manually remove from my excel sheet. I'm not as concerned with my retailers because I do this once a month manually when they report sales numbers to me.  I see lots of Apps available with features and pricing that just don't work for me.  I simply want to know Shopify inventory and manually change in store inventories.  Does this exist? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
477 30 77

Hi, @Candlelife1.

Tira here, from Shopify. I'm happy to help!

It looks like you want to track inventory on your online store, and for multiple locations. If that's what you're looking to do, I recommend using our Locations feature. 

Locations allows you to track inventory and fulfill orders at different locations. For example, you can fulfill orders and track inventory for different warehouses or stores associated with your business. It sounds like you have inventory in one location and then inventory at multiple retailers. This will help with the accuracy of inventory across your locations. If you run out of product at one location, then Shopify will help you fulfill the order from a different location that does have stock.

Check out our help docs to learn more about locations and how to set them up on your store: Locations. You can use this feature to set-up a location for your retail store and every time an item is sold from your retail store, the inventory will be tracked and automatically remove itself without you needing to remove it manually. 

Which apps did you come across? If you could let me know, I can take a closer look at our App Store and provide resources or guidance for what you're looking to do. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
3 1 1

This works for what I need.  Thank you for the help. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 1 1
Hello Tira,

This solution should work. We didn’t need any of the Apps just a simple way to know what was online and what was at retailers. This appears to work well.

Jesse
1 Like