Simple watermark app - recommendation?

Tourist
13 0 2

Hi there, I'm looking for an inxpensive and robust watermark app. I just want to add stickers like "On Sale" or "20% OFF" to multiple images. Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot. Winfried (www.blanda-beauty.com)

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 19 31

Hey, Winfried.

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

We do have a few different apps that could do this for you. The ones I've linked below are either have a free option or a low monthly cost. I always like to suggest checking out the reviews and descriptions to make sure you pick the app that's best for your business.

Product Stickers
Product Labels by Secomapp
Easy Watermarks
Product Label by Freeh

This could also be possible with a code customization. If you're using a Shopify developed theme, you have 60 minutes of free design time on your account! Feel free to let me know if this is something you're interested in and our theme support team can potentially make this change for you. You can check out our design policy here.

What sort of sales or promotions are you hoping to set up with these badges? Are you timing it with a marketing push on your social media channels?

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9542 28 1310

I'd question if adding the mark/label to the image itself is the best idea. 

An overlay may be better as it doesn't change the image itself. Overlays avoid those situations where the promotion is over but the old image was cached by other services (like facebook). You don't want a customer to be sad by clicking on the cached image and finding out the promotion is no longer running.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 2
Yes, agreed. That is what I meant. I guess I should have said sticker instead of watermark. Thanks.

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 2
Hi Lizzy

Thanks for your reply. I will take a look at the apps. But I would be interested in the 60min design time as well. How get I started on this?

Thank you. Winfried

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
223 19 31

Hi, Winfried.

You're welcome! To get started with this option you would need to be using a Shopify developed theme and currently be on a paid plan. If you have both of those, you can reach out to our support team at any time to request small customizations to your theme. Our team will review the request and make the changes or let you know if they're unable to or need more information.

As we've spoken a bit about this customization already, I've just sent you an email that you can respond to. If you can let me know exactly what type of overlay you're looking for and where you'd like it to appear I can pass the request along for you.

Thank you.

Lizzy | Shopify Guru

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like