Split order invoice based on product type

2 0 0

Hi,

I sell secondhand and new products on my Shopify store. For accounting, I need to split the invoices for new and secondhand products. For example:

Someone buys a new and secondhand product in 1 order, I'll need to create 2 invoices. One for the new product and one for the secondhand product. 

Is there an invoicing app for this to do this automatically based on a product tag for example? Can't seem to find one at the moment..

Best wishes,

Joeri

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
216 15 33

Hi, @evejoe!

This is Rae from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out with this question, and welcome to the Community. 

Just to confirm, are you hoping to charge customers separately for new and secondhand items? For instance, if a customer buys one new item, and one secondhand item, will they pay in two transactions, or just one?

If you need the order split into two transactions, an app like Split - Partial Payments is a great option to consider. Additionally, Shopify Experts may be able to assist further with implementing a feature like this on your site. 

However, if you're looking for an app that allows you to create custom invoices with new and secondhand products separated, then I recommend checking out some invoice design apps instead. Here are some popular options that offer this: 

To find out if these apps can create invoices automatically based on product tags, I recommend reaching out to the app developers directly. Each of these apps are third party integrations, so their developers are the best people to assist further with any queries you have. To contact the developers, just follow these steps

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Excursionist
92 0 7

Hi, my app Simple Purchase Orders can definitely meet your shop's needs. It allows you to set up suppliers and import products and set cost prices. You can then automatically generate purchase orders from orders your customers make and it will import all of the items they order and their address and email it to your supplier. It can also handle splitting orders into multiple POs where the items have different suppliers. 

Please check it out and let me know if you have any questions

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
57 1 31

Hi @Rae,

Thanks for mentioning us in your reply!

I just wanted to confirm for you and @evejoe that Sufio can create invoices based on Product tags.

You can read more about how to set this up in our article on custom creation of invoices.

If you choose to try out Sufio for your invoices, just send a message to support@sufio.com and we'll be glad to help you get this customization set-up.

Best regards,

Liam

Support Manager

Sufio

1 Like