Split payment App

Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there an App that can send payments too 2 seperate Paypal accounts depending on items sold ?

Like an apple sells goes to apples@fruits.com and Pears goes to pears@fruits.com ?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1137 3 82

Hi Lee, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great question but this is something which would not be possible. The system is able to receive payments from a credit card processor and through PayPal and this is chosen by the customer as to how they pay. Any Shopify account can only have one PayPal account attached to it at a time though. There are some apps which allow you to split up payments for your customers, for example, one part by credit card, the rest with PayPal. The app is called Split and you can see it here. Do you think this is something which could work for you? 

I hope this helps and answers your question. Don't hesitate to ask any others should you have any.

All the best, Nick

0 Likes
Excursionist
97 0 7

Hi Lee,

You may be able to do what you want with one like “Muli-Vendor Marketplace”. I’m not quite sure what your situation is, but an app like this would let you set up different accounts which can sell specific products, keep track of sales for each account, and then let you pay each of them via some method. So, the customer purchase wouldn’t directly hit multiple PayPal accounts, but I think you’d be able to do that when you “pay” each of the other PayPal accounts.

I hope that helps.

Todd

ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1137 3 82

Hi Lee and Todd, 

Todd, that is a great idea for a potential workaround. Like you said it wouldn't exactly break up payment into multiple PayPal accounts but it is definitely a step in the right direction for it. 

Hope that helps Lee. 

All the best, Nick

0 Likes