Still Being Charged By Apps After Closing Store!

Solved
rajvirsoin
2 0 1

Hello,
I got charged by an app (provesource) even after closing my store 2 months ago. How can I prevent further charges? I no longer have access to my online store!

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1198 109 121

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @rajvirsoin,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

I'm sorry to hear you closed your Shopify store. How did you find the platform? 

I was taking a look and it appears as though ProveSource issue their invoices directly and not through Shopify. I'd recommend contacting their customer support (info@provesrc.com) and asking them for a refund. If they require proof that you closed the store 2 months ago, just let me know and I can provide that info for you. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
rajvirsoin
2 0 1
Thank you so much. Shopify is amazing! Unfortunately, I just had to close
down. They processed a refund. Thank you so much for your help
edpty
1 0 0

Hi, I permanently close my store. I paid off everything I had to but I  did not delete my linked credit card to that web site. Since I have been seeing a lot of people complaining about being charged after they closed their business, how do I get in contact with a support to fix this in case this happens to me because honestly it is so hard to get support here after you are no longer using the platform for situation like this which is sad

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1198 109 121

Hi @edpty,

Thanks for reaching out and for letting me know. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have closed your store and that you are unable to contact our support. If you ever need to chat with us and can't log in as a user, you should be able to sign in as a guest instead as shown in this video. Other than this, our Facebook and Twitter support are available 24/7 if you would prefer. 

When you close a store with Shopify, your payment details will automatically be removed from the account so you will no longer receive a charge from Shopify after you close the account. For example, if you would like to re-open your store at a later stage, you would need to re-select a plan and add a new payment method. 

In regards to the above charge for ProveSource, sometimes when merchants install an app to their store, they might have signed up to a higher app plan for extra app features. This is a direct charge from the app developer and not Shopify. We would normally recommend reviewing the apps you have installed and contact the app developers customer support for more info if needed, however, since you have already closed the store, do you know if you were previously charged for an app? How long was your Shopify account active for? 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes