Store URL change at the time a product gets added to the cart - Recharge App

EcomBBB
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hello, 

We are having an issue getting the Recharge app to work properly on our store. The issue is that the price on the product page is changing to zero jus after a product is added to the cart drawer.

After further investigating, we discovered this is linked to the change that the store is making on the URL at the time the product gets added to the cart. You can see on the following recording that when you add a product the first time, the URL populates a variant ID parameter that is not really a variant of this product so Recharge widget cannot find the information for it. After that, we noticed that if you change the dropdown to another variant and then you go back to the original Mix variant, the URL is filled with the proper information.

Here you have the recording:
https://share.getcloudapp.com/04uJPWDx

This issue is therefore not happening if the product is opened from the beginning using the correct url which includes the variant ID. 

We did a quick search and found that the file that is adding the parameter into the URL is called "options_selection.js" as you can see on the image attached. I'm not sure if that file is inserted on the theme directly or if the theme developer (Shopify) has that file for all the stores using the theme. 

In order to get this resolved we want the url to populate the information that include the variant ID whenever a product with variants is opened from anywhere on the website. Could anyone help with this? 

Thanks,

Ben

options_selection.png

Replies 2 (2)

EcomBBB
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hi,

I am still struggling to find a solution at this point, does anyone know what I could try? 

Thank you! 

BaileyPaserk
Shopify Partner
92 7 22

Are you still having this issue?