Store closed for christmas pop up

Highlighted
17 0 0

Hey guys, this is my store https://www.sfxsupplies.co.uk/ 

We are looking to close down over Christmas and make sure our customers are clear on this.

We currently have a thin banner at the top with a discount offer.

I dont feel this will be enough or obvious enough to our customers to say HEY we are closed between Christmas and new year

Can anyone recommend a free app that where a pop up box will appear on any page when a customer lands on the site that I can customize to say We are closed for shipping between X - Y all orders will be processed in the new year on Z?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
489 36 79

Hello, there! 

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team and I am happy to help with some recommendations here. From my experience, the best way to really ensure your message will be received is to add it to a few different places. 

1. Pop-up notifications:
There are a few apps that can help you achieve this. Check out Pop Up Notifications as well as Privy for some nice, customizable options. Each app offers a free plan or free to use features.

2. Order notification email:
This would be a great spot to leave an FYI message as usually the first place people check when they're wondering about their order status is the confirmation email. Head over to Online Store > Notifications > Order notifications and add a line of text to rely the information you'd like your customers to have about any expected shipping delays.
3. Shipping options:
Another area you may choose to leave a notification is during the checkout process near the shipping rates. To do this, head over to Themes > Actions > Edit Language: alt

Next, type "shipping method notice" into the search field and add your shipping message here.

alt

Once complete, your customers will see if during checkout on this page:

alt
Let me know what you think of those options and I hope you have a wonderful holiday break! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
17 0 0

Hi Ren,

All of these have worked brilliantly exactly what I needed!

Do you have a fix for the colour in the shipping method notice as its a pale grey and doesn't stand out too well.

I tried looking in the CSS files but couldn't find it.

Snip1.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
134 4 54

@Laura_Collins popup not showing up for me right now, on a clean browser session. Did you disable it by any chance?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
489 36 79

Hi, again!

Editing in this area is limited, but there are a few things you can do. If you head over to your Settings > Checkout you can find a button that takes you to your theme customizer and allows some edits like the color accents, background color, etc:

11-08-lbvq3-njr9t
Otherwise, if you're comfortable with coding, another option might be to make changes to the order status page to reflect your message. Here's our help document to walk you through that process.

All the best, 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes