Stream Youtube or Facebook to Shopify a site?

Dejammey
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a Shopify app that would allow me to show a live Facebook or Youtube stream on my homepage. It would also be nice if it could show my other Youtube videos when I am not streaming.

Does anyone know of an app that might be able to do what I am looking for?

Thank you for any help

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1228 109 299

I don't know of an app but I have an idea to code this into your theme:

1) You could create a custom section where you paste your live stream url when you go live.

2) Then when you save, that video would embed somewhere on your site.

3) When you're not streaming, you would remove the url / turn off the feature, and then in the theme code there would be a default fallback that shows a different embedded video(s).

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
Dejammey
Tourist
4 0 1

@JoesIdeas wrote:

I don't know of an app but I have an idea to code this into your theme:

1) You could create a custom section where you paste your live stream url when you go live.

2) Then when you save, that video would embed somewhere on your site.

3) When you're not streaming, you would remove the url / turn off the feature, and then in the theme code there would be a default fallback that shows a different embedded video(s).

That's actually a very good and simple way to solve the problem by showing the video. I also might look into making an app to do it 100% the way I want.

Thank you for the help!!

Chad

0 Likes
Shopshowylol
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Hello Dejammey

We just published ShopShowy, an app to put your live-stream on your homepage. Please feel free to try it and let us know what do you think! https://apps.shopify.com/shopshowy (ShopShowy) and would appreciate if you can help answer a 1-min 5-question questionnaire here ? https://forms.gle/dUaWDQ6nT5TRC5TW9

Much appreciated!

Best Regards

ShopShowy

0 Likes
ssec11
1 0 0

Hi!

I saw this question and I have sort of the same question.

Can I also put the url to go live on the homepage as banner?

If yes, where do I put the YouTube url?

0 Likes