Subscription App Needed (not Bold)

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2
Is there an app to easily let customers alter their subscriptions each month, while automatically updating our inventory?

For example, a subscription that allows a customer to get 2 dog bandanas a month, and each month the customer can choose the size and colors they want.

We ran into issues using Bolds Subscription Build a Box because the was no way to monitor what selections were being made.
Say all subscriptions ship out on the 15th. And we have 100 small blue bandanas. All 100 were claimed by customers by the 8th of the month, but stock is not updated with Bold until the charge date (the 15th). So another 50 customers claim small blue bandanas as well, even though all 100 have already been claimed.

When the 15th rolls around, we cant give customers what they chose because we sold out, and many orders are not even processed due to "insufficient inventory"

This can all be avoided if inventory updates in real time as soon as a customer makes their selection for the month.

Is there any app that can help me with this?

Thank you!!

-Stephanie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 1 2

I'm trying to understand exactly what you are asking for.

Is a subscription box a collection of products? Are there different variations of boxes? Are boxes unique (user chooses what goes in it?)

Let's say you choose what items go in a box. I want my box to have 2 blue bandanas. Let's say you only have 1 location (Location A). Your location has 100 blue bandanas in stock. After confirming this subscription, Location A blue bandana stock should automatically update from 100 to 98. Therefore, if another customer attempts to purchase this box, my existing theme will automatically flag an error of some sort, or disable the option, when and if the stock gets down to 0 (or has less than the order amount).

Did I understand that correctly? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2
Yes that is correct.
We're looking to allow customers to choose their products each month, and have their selections immediately reflected in our inventory levels.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 1 2

Gotcha. Existing subscription apps don't update the inventory in real time.

I'm not sure if any other apps will do this for you. There does seem to be quite a few in this space. It's an aggressive one.

I'd be potentially open to making an app that does just that. It does strike me as a pretty ambitious project. Could be fun. If you feel definitely that no app on the store already supports what you are looking for; feel free to email me: ilia.reingold@gmail.com

0 Likes