Switch shop by location

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 0

Hello,

we have two stores, one for german user and one for englisch user, so we need a plugin that automaticly switch the store if the browser language is german or englisch to the different stores or switch by different locations.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1012 209 253

Hello,

With custom script you can achieve this.
For language based, script will auto detect the browser language and redirect user accordingly or you can use a popup cookies based which will ask for user preference and redirect user accordingly.
If you need me to implement this, you can drop me and email and we'll discuss further.
Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 86

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @DanielKreiner

This is Ren from the Shopify support team, thanks for your post! We happen to have a large selection of plug-ins available that assist in geolocation for your stores. 

These apps all work to redirect your customers to localized stores based on their IP address. I will list some options below with varying features and prices to consider. 

Geolocation Redirects is an option that comes with a 7-day free trial and only cost $6.99 to use monthly. 

GeoIP Country Redirect works to automatically and instantly redirect, displays a cookie consent bar for EU visitors and boasts SEO safety among other features. 
GeoIP Country Redirect/Blocker

appears to be a highly customizable options with unique templates for showing IP relevant information and includes a long list of features including announcement bar, country blocker and currency switcher. 

I recommend reviewing the apps available and taking advantage of the free trials to determine which app best suits your business needs. Hope that helps! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
191 2 11

Hi there!

There is another solution worth checking out: Geo Targetly 

When the language is changed, it adds a query parameter to the URL, for example, exampleshop.com?lang=en or exampleshop.com?lang=germany.

The particular Geo Redirect tool can detect your website's visitors' locations(like country/state/city) by their IPs and auto direct them to correct URLs. For example, if you visitor is in Germany, and he goes to examplyshop.com, it will auto direct him to exampleshop.com?lang=germany.

The tool is easy to set and integrate. You can set up redirecting rules within only a few steps. No code is necessary by yourself. The service will generate code for you to add to your website. Shopify platform is perfectly supported.

Hope it helps!

0 Likes