Sync to Quickbooks using Order Tags

7 0 0

Hi there,

I'm a store owner seeking a solution for syncing our Shopify store orders to multiple Quickbooks files at a time, using order tags to determine which orders go to which files. To be more specific, we use a custom script to automatically tag orders using different tags, and want orders with e.g. "ordertag1" to go to "Quickbooks File 1" and so on.

Unfortunately, I haven't found this type of request anywhere on the community boards here or online elsewhere, so tracking down a possible solution has been difficult. I am reaching out to Shopify app developers with Shopify -> Quickbooks syncing apps to see what is possible, but wanted to also post here to see if anyone might shed some light on my dilemma and point me in a better direction.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Best Regards,

Lee

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 1 2
Hi Lee,
I understand your requirement.
Unfortunately, there is no app on the store that would do this for QuickBooks integration.

You will have to have someone customize the app for your specific requirements.

We have a Shopify to QuickBooks sync app being used by several customers. A modified version of our app is ready and should be available in the app store early next week.

Since we understand the QuickBooks flow very well, we can modify and implement the app for your needs.

Please contact us at spsupport@parextech.com or Skype at kumar.parekh

Speak to you soon.
Thanks.
Kumar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
28 1 2

Hi Lee,

The app that I was talking about is now live. You can take a look at it.

https://apps.shopify.com/quickbooks-bridge

We can customize the app based on your needs after a discussion. Do let me know if this will be of any interest to you.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi Lee11,

Assuming you are using QB desktop, and still looking for a solution, how many QB company files are you maintaining that need connecting?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
6 0 0

If this is Quickbooks Online, each company file is a separate set of credentials, I believe.  This would mean your solution would have to include multiple sessions with QBO.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi @Lee11,

Usually, there are 3rd party apps available which provide a solution to this type of request which is based on Tags you can decide which company file in QuickBooks should be Updated. But this would be custom coded for you. Also, You have a limitation with third-party apps that you cannot update the data in Quickbooks if two company files are open on the same desktop if you are using the QuickBooks Desktop Edition.

So this process has to be done on two different desktops.

You can check the apps available for Inventory syncing in the Shopify app store.

0 Likes