The ReCharge App Has Disappeared from the App Store?

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
869 82 114

Hey, @romzer@hogify, & @tonymcfly.

Thank you for taking to the time to share your concerns with me. I understand how frustrating it can be with this transition and and I'd be happy to share some details for the plans on our roadmap. 

Though the Subscriptions API only supports Shopify Payments at the moment, we will be working on integrating more payment gateways over the coming quarters. We have plans to work with gateways, such as PayPal Express, Authorize.net, and Stripe, for regions not supported by Shopify Payments. Wallets, such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Shop Pay, are also on the roadmap for 2021.

Stores on Shopify Plus can upgrade their custom checkout to access the Subscription API, and Plus merchants can reach out to our Support team to request the upgrade. We're anticipating support for Shopify Scripts in Q1 of 2021 as well.   

As for the changes with ReCharge's billing structure, this isn't something that's decided by Shopify. You'll need to reach out to ReCharge directly on this; however, I can see their new pricing on their website. If you're ineligible to use ReCharge, you can check with to ReCharge on whether they have a timeline for when they'll be available in your region. Or, you can use one of the third-party subscription apps that doesn't require Shopify Payments in the meantime, like AAA Membership + Subscription

I hope this helps address some of the concerns. If you have any other questions on this topic, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ThibaultMM
1 0 0

I find it unbelievable that Shopify launched this API with only Shopify Payment supported, knowing that a lot of countries don't have access to it...

I was suppose to launch 3 stores with reCharge this month, now I'll have to explain to my customers why I'll have to install some low quality app instead...

I really hope that the new API will open to other payment providers soon!

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
869 82 114

Hey, @ThibaultMM.

We appreciate your interest in our Subscription API and, rest assured, we hear you! 

Though we can't guarantee when or which payment gateways will be available at the moment; however, we are always looking to improve, and features like this are often built with growth in mind. Integration with more payment providers is on our roadmap for 2021, and when it's available - You can find it on our changelog and announcements page. That being said, we'd also be happy to share any feedback you have with our developers for considerations. 

Which payment provider(s) are you or your clients using? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes