The app couldn’t be loaded on my shopify store

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hey guys,

I couldn't load any App on my Shopify account,

its says: This app can’t load due to an issue with browser cookies. Try enabling cookies in your browser, switching to another browser, or contacting the developer to get support. 

any idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you,

Danial Miswan

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
467 28 149

Hi, @danialmiswan

This is Rae from Shopify. Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for letting us know about the troubles you're running into with accessing apps. When this error appears, there are a few different troubleshooting steps that I recommend working through to reach a resolution. Please see these outlined below: 

1. Using a different browser. 

In most cases, using a different browser can help resolve this. Safari and Firefox are both great options to consider for an alternative to Google Chrome. However, using an Incognito window in Chrome is also another method that can be useful. 

2. Clear the cache and cookies on your browser. 

Clearing this data can sometimes remove errors like the one you're experiencing. To clear the cache and cookies on Chrome, just follow these steps. Equally, the steps to do this on Firefox can be found here, and Safari's steps are outlined here

3. Unblock cookies. 

Cookies being blocked is a common issue on Chrome, but may also occur on Safari, too. When this happens, errors like the one you're experiencing can appear and create frustration. With this in mind, it's typically best to unblock the cookies on the browser you're using.

To do this on Chrome, please follow these steps: 

1. Enter "chrome://settings/content/cookies" in your browser's URL bar and hit "enter".
  2. Then, make sure the "Block third-party cookies" option is disabled, and no other Shopify URLs are showing in the blocked settings. 

On Safari, follow these steps: 

1. Click "Safari" in your browser's menu. 
  2. Click "Preferences" and select "Privacy". 
  3. Under "Cookies and website data" ensure "Block all cookies" is not selected. 

Following this troubleshooting should resolve the issue you're experiencing, but if you're still having troubles please let me know which app you're seeing this error on, and I'll be glad to assist further! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I can't get my apps to redirect even after installing the correct coding. I am using Safari on my MacBook. I keep getting an error message that the browser isn't supported or I need to clear my cookies. I have cleared the cookies & allowed cookies for Shopify. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
38 1 8

Hi,

Try to upgrade Safari.

https://apps.shopify.com/picamaze
Animated watermarks for product images and ads
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
467 28 149

Hi, @Themomof3

Welcome to the Shopify Community. Thank you for reaching out to let us know about this error you're receiving on Safari. 

In your response, you mentioned that you had installed the correct coding in an effort to load the apps on your site. Can you please tell me a bit more about what you installed, and what steps you took? To clarify, did this involve completing the steps I mentioned in my previous reply? 

Additionally, did you have a chance to try updating your version of Safari, like @AndyPicamaze mentioned? If not, I do recommend trying this, and also updating macOS on your computer, by following these steps

I also suggest trying to open your Shopify apps via another one of our supported browsers, like Google Chrome or Firefox, as mentioned above. This is a great troubleshooting step to take to determine if the issue is browser-specific. 

In the meantime though, can you please send me a screenshot of the error message you're receiving when you try to load an app in your Shopify admin? I'll be glad to help look into this further once I have this image. 

Talk soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes