Time to upgrade standard share social media buttons?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 3

How about substituting LinkedIn for G+? Or letting us choose from a list of 5-10?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 38

Hi, @Robert_Foster2!

I can appreciate how it can be frustrating to not have all of the relevant sharing links for the social media platforms you're looking for, and I'll be happy to look into this for you. I just need to clarify a few things here:

• Is this in regards to the social media share buttons throughout your theme for your products? Or for the social media links in your footer? If you had an example or a screenshot of the area within your theme you're referencing, that would be most helpful.
  • Which theme are you using?

If what you're looking for isn't something that's currently available, I'll be happy to escalate this case up to our platform engineers to take into consideration when looking to improve the platform and our themes in the future. I look forward to hearing back from you with more info here!

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 3
Hi Freddie.
I’m referring to the social share buttons located at the end of a blog post and on a product page.
Not the social media link buttons located at the bottom or top of each page, that are linked to the stores social media accounts.

Hope that helps. Thx!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
241 8 38

Ah, okay, gotcha. I see what you mean, and just one more question! Which theme are you using? The social share buttons that populate for blog posts and on product pages may differ slightly depending on which theme you are working on, so just let me know and I'm happy to dig into this for you.

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes