To automatically fill text fields in "Advanced Registration" App by Talon Commerce

Kirankgh
1 0 0

Hello Shopify Community,

I have used the "Advanced Registration" app to create custom fields in our website.

The custom fields can be entered by the user.

However, if the user selects a particular value in a list item, then some of the custom fields should be automatically filled with corresponding default values.

For eg:

I have the following values in a list item(Size values): S, M, L, XL

If the user selects "S" from the above list item, then the custom fields should be automatically filled with corresponding values for "S" size. For eg: shoulder = 20, length = 30, sleeves = 10, waist = 20 etc.

The user can however edit these values if needed.

Could you please guide me through this?

Thanks and regards,

Kumar

0 Likes
Kyle_W
Shopify Expert
89 12 39

Hi @Kirankgh!

I am not sure if the "Advanced Registration" app from Talon Commerce offers the type of functionality you're looking for (typically known as conditional logic), but it's best to reach out to their support team to be sure. If you're not able to find a solution using that app, then I suggest taking a look at the Customer Fields app instead.

Customer Fields includes a feature for "form rules" which allows you to create all sorts of conditional logic. You can easily set up some form rules that set field values for other fields based on the value from a list field. Here's an example of this in action: 

conditional logic in CF.gif

You can learn more about the different form rules that are available in Customer Fields using this article: http://help.heliumdev.com/en/articles/3497658-form-rules

Hopefully this helps!

Kyle W | Helium Dev, LLC
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields
- Meteor Mega Menu
0 Likes